Lockheed P-3 Orion Lockheed P-8 Poseidon

Mike Force Team

• 1 month later...

I’d be down with this when they develop ASW some more. The P8 can also carry harpoons I believe. I’d love to see ED partner with PMDG for a P8…..I guarantee it would also bring over a ton of MSFS or P3D simmers to DCS

• Like 2

i9-9900k, Asus ROG Strix Z390-3, 32GB DDR4-3000, MSI GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, 2TB Samsung 860 Evo SSD| Reverb G2| Custom Simpit- A variety of grips (TM/Virpil) on floor mounted TM Base, WinWing Super Tauris Throttles, Virpil Collective, TM Pedals, TM MFDs

Paid Module Wishlist: AH-64A, T-38, B-1B, U-2, MH-60 Pavehawk, A-10A

Map Wishlist: NAS Oceana (w/Norfolk and Expansive Ocean), Korea (Modern), Cuba, Columbia

Ai Wishlist: Ships, SOF infantry, SOF Vehicles, AH/MH-6, P8, 

As an AI aircraft? Sure, I would love to see a P-3C Orion Update I/II/III.

The 2021 roadmap mentioned the Il-38, which the P-3 is the direct counterpart to, we also have the Tu-142, which is also a dedicated ASW platform (though only has Kh-35s available, for some reason).

However, the main showstopper for me is that DCS is mostly devoid of a naval environment with very few exceptions, and is nowhere near mature. ASW has all of the things missing that the rest of the naval environment has, and then some - I could probably write a trilogy on the subject.

Hell, DCS has a fair way to go even as far as aerial combat and ground combat go, let alone naval.

While I would love to see it improved, this would be a herculean task, equivalent to making a whole new game, and there aren't many indications saying that improvements are planned (beyond damage model).

As such, without an actual ASW environment, to the level of something like C:MO, I don't see the appeal yet.

• Like 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

15 hours ago, JFO82 said:

I’d be down with this when they develop ASW some more. The P8 can also carry harpoons I believe. I’d love to see ED partner with PMDG for a P8…..I guarantee it would also bring over a ton of MSFS or P3D simmers to DCS

I'd expect the P-8 and P-3 would be part of the improvement process. There are some things I expect might take a module to fix, which is why I keep suggesting fleet ops and Naval modules 

• Like 1