Real Simulator F35 HOTAS ... argh ... my wallet

SimHog

I've been wanting an F-35 HOTAS for years ...

I'm assuming the RS PRO range of products vs Non-Pro range is that the PRO range is not available for public consumption?

https://realsimulator.com/rs-35-pro/

Edited by CoderX71

Ryzen 9 3900X @4.6Ghz | ASUS STRIX ROG 570-F Gaming | 32GB HyperX Predator HX432C16PB3AK2-16 DDR4-3200 | Corsair Force MP600 1TB (OS and Games) | MSI 3090 Gaming X Trio | HP Reverb G2

• 3 weeks later...

The problem is that hardware for the F-35 is a niche market due to it‘s highly classified and we probably won‘t ever see it in DCSW or any other simulator with a professional and realistic flight model and other systems. So only hardcore fans will buy these products and that makes it dificult to sell it in a big quantity

It’s actually gone up. Before, the first few (was it 10?) units were going to be about 1350 euros.

edit: they chose the F35 design as a “catch all”, that can be used for various modules. But for that price, I think it’s going to be tough to make the quota.

Edited by cordite
  • Like 1

Yeah it will be a tough sell at that price. The price would be cheaper if the product is made in China, but it is not something that they want to do. 

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

The price is for both throttle grip and base, so historically it won’t be below $1K considering how they price their preexisting joystick base and grips. Unfortunately, manufacturing cost has also increased compared to 6 mo ago.

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

The price is for both throttle grip and base, so historically it won’t be below $1K considering how they price their preexisting joystick base and grips. Unfortunately, manufacturing cost has also increased compared to 6 mo ago.

1470 euro is already unaffordable for most of the simmers, but it’s still fine, the list price is 3200 even without shipping fee…! If this pre-order process doesn’t fulfill 200 units in 90 days we have to pay whole 3200 to get a unit, that’s what they said. I can’t judge its value easily because I don’t have the product, but I doubt that they want to really sell it for ‘home simmers’.

Anyway I would be in for the pre-order, let’s see how it will go.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, Supmua said:

Worry not, pricetags will be updated by January 1st 2022 to reflect that.

Finally, we want to inform that as of 1st January 2022, the prices of our products will be updated to reflect the price increases that our suppliers have been applying to us since 2016.

5 hours ago, horus-DCS said:

1470 euro is already unaffordable for most of the simmers, but it’s still fine, the list price is 3200 even without shipping fee…! If this pre-order process doesn’t fulfill 200 units in 90 days we have to pay whole 3200 to get a unit, that’s what they said. I can’t judge its value easily because I don’t have the product, but I doubt that they want to really sell it for ‘home simmers’.

They really do, for professional not-so-homme simmers, they offer this:
https://realsimulator.com/rs-35-pro/

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

2021/12/21 PM10点52分,horus-DCS说:

I will get a pre-order. However, 1470 euro and 200 units in 45 days.... for a unknown product. It seems an impossible mission!

19 hours ago, Kiseki_Yu said:

I will get a pre-order. However, 1470 euro and 200 units in 45 days.... for a unknown product. It seems an impossible mission!

Yeah considering it's such a niche product, but we do need a product (or two) of this quality in the market though.  There're plenty of expensive gear in the general flightsim arena.  This provides extra options to the people willing to spend.  I can at least attest to the superb build quality since I had it in my hands for over a week.

2小时前,Supmua说:

Yeah considering it's such a niche product, but we do need a product (or two) of this quality in the market though.  There're plenty of expensive gear in the general flightsim arena.  This provides extra options to the people willing to spend.  I can at least attest to the superb build quality since I had it in my hands for over a week.

It's definitely a great throttle. But I doubt that we can get it for the present price 

I would be more likely to buy this if it had an F-16 grip.

That’s coming also. I’ve seen the most recent picture and the throttle grip looks pretty much finished (can’t show it here but it looks a lot better than the TM Cougar). They are still working on the attachment accessory for the RS Throttle base that would make it a complete product. Again, it won’t be cheap.

I ordered the day the pre-order went live. It looks like the price went up even higher after I ordered, so I consider myself lucky in that regard. I truly hope they can make the 200 unit pre-sale, or even more, in hopes of the price either staying the same or coming down. $2K USD inc. shipping is pretty hefty, and the $3200 Eur is going to be even more out of reach for most.

Edited by AlexCaboose

Well, that's way more than I was expecting. I can afford it, but I don't think I can justify it, not at that price.

Edited by CoderX71
  • Like 1

Ryzen 9 3900X @4.6Ghz | ASUS STRIX ROG 570-F Gaming | 32GB HyperX Predator HX432C16PB3AK2-16 DDR4-3200 | Corsair Force MP600 1TB (OS and Games) | MSI 3090 Gaming X Trio | HP Reverb G2

• 1 month later...