PTT Switch Function Reverses

mutleyxxx

Hi all,

got a strange one I can't get to the bottom of.

During flight the function of the PTT switches seem to flip around.. they start with the PTT switch being pressed recognised as TX START but then will switch that around so that PPT switches pressed is TX END.. and then 5 mins later will switch it around again.

Radio 5 (ICS on F-14) binding from Voice Attack below... 

Any ideas?

Ta..

1.jpg

Edited by mutleyxxx

• mutleyxxx changed the title to PTT Switch Function Reverses
18 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

Can you turm on debug in the VAICOM control panel, and post the VoiceAttack log?
Also check your setting for TX5 release, that it is only invoked when released.
Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

will do

• Like 1

19 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

Can you turm on debug in the VAICOM control panel, and post the VoiceAttack log?
Also check your setting for TX5 release, that it is only invoked when released.
Cheers!

I have a similar issue for a while now and I think we messaged about this before on Discord, but I did not get it fixed yet.

PTT works but after a while it switches around. Releasing the radio button triggers a PTT listen and pressing the button triggers a suspend.

My workaround for now is Resetting Vaicom. This fixes it for a while but it keeps coming back. So I now have a HOTAS shortcut bound for Vaicom Pro reset.. I also have to keep the VP squelch sounds on, so it is clear to understand the difference between push and release and when I hear them incorrectly I reset VP. I will also turn on debug in VP and post my VA log. 

I fly an A-10C II in VR and post my DCS journey on Is your phone a YouTube Signature Device? - Gizmochina     |   Subscribe to my DCS A-10C channel   

Come check out the 132nd Virtual Wing                                   |   My 4090 VR Performance Optimization  
SYSTEM SPECS: Ryzen 7 5800X3D, RTX4090, Varjo Aero, VKB Gunfigher MKIII MCG Ultimate with 10cm extension,VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, VPC Control Panel #2, TM TPR Rudders. 64GB RAM, W10, Gametrix Jetseat, PointCTRL (currently broken), OpenKneeboard, Wacom Intuos.

132nd.Ready_Signatur.png

hi, 

just happened in an F-14.. view of log below..

Was working fine for a while .. TX5 triggered txmt for ICS and release stopped it.. it then just reversed it.. TX press stop transmission and TX release resumes.

ICS is set to cold mic.

Mutley

1.jpg

looks like here where the switch around occured

2.jpg

30 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

Can you post your settings on the MP tab in the VAICOM control panel?

image.png

I fly an A-10C II in VR and post my DCS journey on Is your phone a YouTube Signature Device? - Gizmochina     |   Subscribe to my DCS A-10C channel   

Come check out the 132nd Virtual Wing                                   |   My 4090 VR Performance Optimization  
SYSTEM SPECS: Ryzen 7 5800X3D, RTX4090, Varjo Aero, VKB Gunfigher MKIII MCG Ultimate with 10cm extension,VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, VPC Control Panel #2, TM TPR Rudders. 64GB RAM, W10, Gametrix Jetseat, PointCTRL (currently broken), OpenKneeboard, Wacom Intuos.

132nd.Ready_Signatur.png

8 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

Try to check the "MP only". Might make a difference even in SP.

Will try, thanks

• Like 1

132nd.Ready_Signatur.png

1 hour ago, Ready said:

Will try, thanks

Tried it, no effect. Still the same behaviour.

132nd.Ready_Signatur.png

For me it happens both in SP and MP. I had the issue before configuring TX Link. 

132nd.Ready_Signatur.png

36 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

What version are you on?
Could you temporarily try downgrading to 2.5.24?

I think I am up to date. Will downgrade and see if that makes a difference. Thanks,

• Like 1

132nd.Ready_Signatur.png

• 3 weeks later...
hi, apologies been offline for a few days.. still require additional info?
I don't have this issue, so I'm not really sure why it happens for some of you.
But please post your multiplayer tab like requested, (VAICOM control panel), and your settings for your TX switches in the VAICOM VA profile. Both press and release.

On 12/6/2021 at 1:39 PM, MAXsenna said:

What version are you on?
Could you temporarily try downgrading to 2.5.24?

Since downgrading (a couple of weeks ago) I haven't had this issue anymore.

I do have to restart VP everytime I start in DCS and then get an automatic pop up window on my desktop with a notice about the new plugin version. Only after closing this message I can continue and jump back into VR.

132nd.Ready_Signatur.png

On 12/1/2021 at 9:37 AM, Ready said:

I have a similar issue for a while now and I think we messaged about this before on Discord, but I did not get it fixed yet.

PTT works but after a while it switches around. Releasing the radio button triggers a PTT listen and pressing the button triggers a suspend.

My workaround for now is Resetting Vaicom. This fixes it for a while but it keeps coming back. So I now have a HOTAS shortcut bound for Vaicom Pro reset.. I also have to keep the VP squelch sounds on, so it is clear to understand the difference between push and release and when I hear them incorrectly I reset VP. I will also turn on debug in VP and post my VA log. 

I had the same issue and found out it was related to a command phrase I was saying.  I have a daisy-chain that includes my personal profile and Bailey's profile.  There was a box I had to check within the command phrase that was located in Bailey's profile.  If this situation is similar, I will try to post a screenshot of the box I checked.

1 minute ago, Drac said:

I had the same issue and found out it was related to a command phrase I was saying.  I have a daisy-chain that includes my personal profile and Bailey's profile.  There was a box I had to check within the command phrase that was located in Bailey's profile.  If this situation is similar, I will try to post a screenshot of the box I checked.

Sure! Maybe, who knows. I have been playing around with VP quite a bit in the beginning, so would not be surprised if I did some self-sabotaging. Am very curious!

132nd.Ready_Signatur.png

Since downgrading (a couple of weeks ago) I haven't had this issue anymore.
I do have to restart VP everytime I start in DCS and then get an automatic pop up window on my desktop with a notice about the new plugin version. Only after closing this message I can continue and jump back into VR.
That's interesting. I know the multiplayer code got changed after 2.5.24, so hopefully Hollywood will look into this, because that's when the issue(s) started for me. So I reverted back to 2.5.24, but I did upgrade as a test to the latest 2.5.26.3 (?), and don't have any issues anymore, though I have not tested latest OB.

VA with the VAICOM profile as default is one of the first apps, (the VAICOM tray app actually), I do start when I log on to my computer. (Used to never turn it off, but the idiot politicians in Norway has made electricity a ridiculously expensive commodity, "hidden tax". Electricity is more expensive than diesel now. But I can't be bothered to have my backup generators running 24/7).

If you don't like the update pop-up. Just turn it off in the VAICOM control panel.

Hmmm, that's actually very interesting.
Do you remember what you did?

EDIT: Thanks!!

6 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

Hmmm, that's actually very interesting.
Do you remember what you did? emoji6.png

Yes...PPT worked like it's suppose to (i.e., Push...Listen...Release...Suspended).  Once I said "Clean Up", and push the PPT (it immediately when to Listen/Suspended immediately...Release the PPT and it went to "Listen".

Once I recognized the phrase that was causing the issue, I went to that command phrase and checked the box as described in the prior photo.

Edited by Drac
  • Like 1

Yes...PPT worked like it's suppose to (i.e., Push...Listen...Release...Suspended).  Once I said "Clean Up", and push the PPT (it immediately when to Listen/Suspended immediately...Release the PPT and it went to "Listen".
Once I recognized the phrase that was causing the issue, I went to that command phrase and checked the box as described in the prior photo.
Awesome! I'll keep that in mind. I think I usually check that box though, or is it it checked by default perhaps?
Can't remember or check now.