PTT Switch Function Reverses

mutleyxxx

So I removed the check mark 'Allow other commands to execute while this one is running' from all of the commands in the profile(which is turned on by default in all), as I have no clue which one could be the cause (if this is indeed the issue). Will upgrade again to the latest version and see if it made a difference.

Thanks for the tip!

Edited by Ready

I fly an A-10C II in VR and post my DCS journey on Is your phone a YouTube Signature Device? - Gizmochina     |   Subscribe to my DCS A-10C channel   

Come check out the 132nd Virtual Wing                                   |   My 4090 VR Performance Optimization  
SYSTEM SPECS: Ryzen 7 5800X3D, RTX4090, Varjo Aero, VKB Gunfigher MKIII MCG Ultimate with 10cm extension,VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, VPC Control Panel #2, TM TPR Rudders. 64GB RAM, W10, Gametrix Jetseat, PointCTRL (currently broken), OpenKneeboard, Wacom Intuos.

132nd.Ready_Signatur.png

47 minutes ago, Ready said:

So I removed the check mark 'Allow other commands to execute while this one is running' from all of the commands in the profile(which is turned on by default in all), as I have no clue which one could be the cause (if this is indeed the issue). Will upgrade again to the latest version and see if it made a difference.

Thanks for the tip!

In my case, it was "unchecked" and I had to "check" it.  This command phrase that was an issue was in my daisy-chained Bailey's profile. Hope you eventually get it worked out.

• Thanks 1

Hey folks!
After long time not using it, I noticed this problems with the listening states since a few days.

What currently is not working properly is the following:
After switching to another profile using the "VoiceAttack Action" called "Switch to profile" the listening state - once the other profile became active AND the other aircraft was already loaded - switches from "not listening" to "listening". The disturbing part for me is then, that once pressing any TX (either on the stick OR on the Viacom Panel) this action just inverts the listening state instead of checking the real state of the TX buttons. I have no other chance to change back to the desktop (put the VR down), completely close Voiceattack, and then start over again.

I am using Viacom Pro Licensed 2.5.26.4

Thanks for any hint / work around!
Here is the picture which shows how I change profile:

Viacom_Listening_States.png

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

2 hours ago, TOViper said:

Hey folks!
After long time not using it, I noticed this problems with the listening states since a few days.

After switching to another profile using the "VoiceAttack Action" called "Switch to profile" the listening state - once the other profile became active AND the other aircraft was already loaded - switches from "not listening" to "listening". The disturbing part for me is then, that once pressing any TX (either on the stick OR on the Viacom Panel) this action just inverts the listening state instead of checking the real state of the TX buttons. I have no other chance to change back to the desktop (put the VR down), completely close Voiceattack, and then start over again.

Hi the work around for me is to bind resetting Vaicom Pro to a HOTAS button, so I don't have to go to the desktop but can do it from within VR. By Max's advise I rolled back to an earlier VP version, which seemed to work for me too. I am now trying out the other possibility as discussed a few post up with Drac.

Edited by Ready
  • Like 1

I fly an A-10C II in VR and post my DCS journey on Is your phone a YouTube Signature Device? - Gizmochina     |   Subscribe to my DCS A-10C channel   

Come check out the 132nd Virtual Wing                                   |   My 4090 VR Performance Optimization  
SYSTEM SPECS: Ryzen 7 5800X3D, RTX4090, Varjo Aero, VKB Gunfigher MKIII MCG Ultimate with 10cm extension,VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, VPC Control Panel #2, TM TPR Rudders. 64GB RAM, W10, Gametrix Jetseat, PointCTRL (currently broken), OpenKneeboard, Wacom Intuos.

132nd.Ready_Signatur.png

52 minutes ago, Ready said:

Hi the work around for me is to bind resetting Vaicom Pro to a HOTAS button, so I don't have to go to the desktop but can do it from within VR. By Max's advise I rolled back to an earlier VP version, which seemed to work for me too (haven't had enough time yet to properly test it). I am now trying out the other possibility as discussed a few post up with Drac.

Cool, I will keep on monitoring this thread, despite I am not at home much these days. :thumbup:

• Like 1

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

On 12/31/2021 at 7:03 PM, Ready said:

I am now trying out the other possibility as discussed a few post up with Drac.

So I upgraded the VP plugin to the latest version again and unfortunately the issue reappeared right away. So am downgrading to .24 again. 

132nd.Ready_Signatur.png

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all

I have the same problem.

I can reliably reproduce the problem by rotating the radio switch (fwd, down, back and so) on the warthog quickly => this generates Transmit/Release TX1, 2,3 etc and very quickly the PTT is reversed. The red part seems to induce the problem.

Further, I cannot reverse the inverted behavior by continuing to rotate the com switch, I can however reverse the inverted behavior by rapidly pushing 1,2,3 on the keyboard.

VC 2.5.26.4 / VA 1.8.9

In the meantime, how do I bind Viacom Reset to a Button?

/Oakes

11:39:43.341 Listening resumed
11:39:43.313 Joystick : 'Transmit TX1 release'
11:39:40.728 Listening suspended
11:39:40.690 Joystick : 'Transmit TX1 press'
11:39:31.094 Listening resumed
11:39:31.065 Joystick : 'Transmit TX2 release'
11:39:31.056 Listening suspended
11:39:31.021 Joystick : 'Transmit TX2 press'
11:39:30.988 Listening resumed
11:39:30.954 Joystick : 'Transmit TX3 release'
11:39:30.908 Listening suspended
11:39:30.867 Joystick : 'Transmit TX3 press'
11:39:30.861 Joystick : 'Transmit TX2 release'
11:39:30.797 Listening resumed
11:39:30.769 Joystick : 'Transmit TX2 press'

11:39:29.160 Listening suspended
11:39:29.128 Joystick : 'Transmit TX1 release'
11:39:28.845 Listening resumed
11:39:28.613 Joystick : 'Transmit TX1 press'
11:39:27.273 Plugin 'VAICOM PRO for DCS World' initialized.
11:39:27.265 Ready for commands.
11:39:27.252 Listening suspended
11:39:26.382 Nahimic app detected.  This may cause conflicts with VoiceAttack.  This warning can be turned off via the Options screen.
11:39:26.334 Initializing..
11:39:26.334 Press LCtrl+LAlt+C for config.
11:39:26.334 VAICOM PRO for DCS World. License: PRO
11:39:25.924 Plugin support enabled.

Edited by Oakes

On 12/31/2021 at 5:44 PM, TOViper said:

Hey folks!

Why do you want to change the profile? Just curious. 

1 hour ago, Drahkken said:

I had this problem last night as well. After I opened up my PTT button assignment and reapplied it, it snapped back to default behavior. Something funky in the PTT button mapping layer I'd imagine. I did not have logs turned on at that time.

You mean in the profile? Yeah, I've seen odd behaviour in VoiceAttack with the mappings from time to time. It's a VA thing though, and out of VAICOM's control. 

2 hours ago, Oakes said:

Hi all

I have the same problem.

I can reliably reproduce the problem by rotating the radio switch (fwd, down, back and so) on the warthog quickly => this generates Transmit/Release TX1, 2,3 etc and very quickly the PTT is reversed. The red part seems to induce the problem.

Further, I cannot reverse the inverted behavior by continuing to rotate the com switch, I can however reverse the inverted behavior by rapidly pushing 1,2,3 on the keyboard.

VC 2.5.26.4 / VA 1.8.9

In the meantime, how do I bind Viacom Reset to a Button?

/Oakes

Seems you still have the default keyboard bindings configured for the TXs. I'd remove that if I were you. 

What are your MP settings? 

What do you mean by VAICOM reset binding to button? 

Cheers! 

6 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

What are your MP settings?

Tried both option, no change.

6 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

What do you mean by VAICOM reset binding to button?

I meant this from Ready as a way to fix the problem without restarting VA.

On 12/31/2021 at 7:03 PM, Ready said:

the work around for me is to bind resetting Vaicom Pro to a HOTAS button

Did some further testing, with version 25 and 26 I have the issue, with version 24 the issue is gone. To test I only replaced the viacom .dll in the VA plugin folder. No other changes where made.

53 minutes ago, Oakes said:

Tried both option, no change.

I meant this from Ready as a way to fix the problem without restarting VA.

Did some further testing, with version 25 and 26 I have the issue, with version 24 the issue is gone. To test I only replaced the viacom .dll in the VA plugin folder. No other changes where made.

Ah, right! Not sure what he means. @Ready  Could you elaborate? Did you map a VoiceAttack restart command to a button?

Too bad one has to revert to 2.5.24 all the time. My guess it has to do with some of the new MP code we got in 2.5.25. 

@Hollywood_315 Many people are reporting various issues, which are solved by reverting to 2.5.24

As for me, my "Disabled commands" issue is back with 2.5.26.4

It would be very handy if every minor update was downloadable from your website, as then I could check with every version of 2.5.26.x

Cheers! 

Yes I added a Reset function to a hotas shortcut. Very handy. Will check the exact function when I am home behind my pc.

• Thanks 1

132nd.Ready_Signatur.png

14 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

Why do you want to change the profile? Just curious.

Oh, because I have different settings, depending on aircraft (module).

Depending on the throttle configuration (I use Warthog), I had to create different profiles, since the PTT config is not the same for all aircraft I fly.
I found one common setting for usage in F-16, F-18, AJS, and some other aircraft I usually fly. This profile I use most.
I have another 3 different profiles for the F-14, depending on the slot (front with Jester, front with real RIO, rear with ICEMAN or real PILOT).
The F-5 always required a different setting for me.
The UH-1 needs another setting.

In terms of switching profiles, VIACOM worked really fine so far, and I was happy that this function was offered.
But as written above, nowadays this doesn't seem to work anymore due to something I cannot figure out 😞

I will try to make the common profile work with the F-5 and the UH-1 as well maybe someday, but currently I would prefer to have the software work correctly before I put hours into re-configuration of something that worked pretty fine.

Are you still approaching this issue somehow, or do you think the software works correctly?
Depending on your answer, I will just wait, or re-configure the one or other part ... waiting is no problem, but re-configuration makes me not too happy. ;)

my computer:

59 minutes ago, TOViper said:

Oh, because I have different settings, depending on aircraft (module).

Depending on the throttle configuration (I use Warthog), I had to create different profiles, since the PTT config is not the same for all aircraft I fly.
I found one common setting for usage in F-16, F-18, AJS, and some other aircraft I usually fly. This profile I use most.
I have another 3 different profiles for the F-14, depending on the slot (front with Jester, front with real RIO, rear with ICEMAN or real PILOT).
The F-5 always required a different setting for me.
The UH-1 needs another setting.

In terms of switching profiles, VIACOM worked really fine so far, and I was happy that this function was offered.
But as written above, nowadays this doesn't seem to work anymore due to something I cannot figure out 😞

I will try to make the common profile work with the F-5 and the UH-1 as well maybe someday, but currently I would prefer to have the software work correctly before I put hours into re-configuration of something that worked pretty fine.

Are you still approaching this issue somehow, or do you think the software works correctly?
Depending on your answer, I will just wait, or re-configure the one or other part ... waiting is no problem, but re-configuration makes me not too happy. 😉

Right. I thought so. 😊 I also used to do it with several profiles for different modules/hardware. But it got too cumbersome to remember to do the finish step for each. Also used a command to switch, but as luck had it, another user started a new thread about a much better and easier way. 

In one of the last posts in the thread, I have posted and old profile. It's missing some of the latest modules/and modules I didn't have at the time. Just download a d import it and have a look. And use the thread for reference. I might update the thread with latest module strings, if you're interested.

I'm also building a standard "catch all" VoiceAttack profile, that will have the same commands like "gear up", but will execute different keystrokes depending on the module. 

Shout out if you have questions! 

Cheers! 

10 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

Ah, right! Not sure what he means. @Ready  Could you elaborate? Did you map a VoiceAttack restart command to a button?

This is how I have setup the restart. 

image.png

132nd.Ready_Signatur.png

1 minute ago, Ready said:

This is how I have setup the restart. 

image.png

Cool! Thought it was something like that. Didn't know you can kill the app by starting a new app session. 😊

So many ways to achieve the same goal. AWESOME!

I also run the app, but my way would just be closing VoiceAttack and the app would start it again. One learns something new every day! 

Cheers! 

10 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

Cool! Thought it was something like that. Didn't know you can kill the app by starting a new app session. 😊

So many ways to achieve the same goal. AWESOME!

I also run the app, but my way would just be closing VoiceAttack and the app would start it again. One learns something new every day! 

Cheers! 

Yeah it is very handy. I do it everytime there is an issue. Quick and easy.

But there is a catch. Since my PTT is still not working correctly (even when I switched throttles and throttle software), I am still on the .24 version. I have disabled automatic plugin updates in the config tab. If you don't do this everytime you restart VP you get an automated pop-up window informing about a new version and asking if you would like to update. This forces you to leave VP and say 'No' to the update dialog. Then you have to hop back into VR.

132nd.Ready_Signatur.png

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi all,

Did this issue ever get resolved? I have version VA 1.10.3.20 pre-release, and get this problem!

I can't confirm, but am wondering if this started when i reconfigured VAICOM pro to have MP tab-VOIP control to  Tx Link , and MP only checked? plus some VA hotkey long press thresholds set from 700 to 100 , so that a double quick TX press doesnt get transmitted to other players in MP mode,and a long Tx press does get transmitted to MP players- the idea being that VA command are not heard by other players in game.

Thanks

mark

I don't know, haven't updated since. I am still using the Vaicom Reset shortcut that I put on my HOTAS everytime I startup the sim. I read Vaicom is having issues with the 2.8 update. Haven't looked into it yet.

132nd.Ready_Signatur.png

• 4 weeks later...