Hind Gunner Missile Sight Goes Sideways and looks inside aircraft [VR-Bug]

I was trying to learn the gunner seat with friends, but kept running into an issue. The missile gunsight worked like normal until the door was closed from me manually doing it or the pilot changing weapon systems. Every time this happened the missile sight would slant to the side, and keep doing it until the left 6 was where the 0 position should have been. Terrain would now be slanted from the camera angle, and the camera would be jammed to the top right of the hind, allowing me to see the interior. It seems to have kept the normal slew range of the missile sight because I couldn't move the sight that far towards the 12 o'clock of the aircraft. 

This made missile runs impossible with my friend, as any time he'd have to change weapon systems for whatever reason it slanted the gunsight and pushed it up and to the right. This might be a VR only issue. I use the Oculus Rift S and am using DCS World Beta.

Edited by Totally Not VFG Member

Only time this  would happen is when doors stay open and pilot maneouvers helicopter and jam the gyros. 

1. Are you still on sight when you close the doors, so you can confirm that doors are closed?

2. You said pilot changes weapons system? Only selecting 30 mill cannon will close the sight, nothing else will. So, again, are you sure doors are closed?

On 12/2/2021 at 1:31 AM, admiki said:

Only time this  would happen is when doors stay open and pilot maneouvers helicopter and jam the gyros. 

1. Are you still on sight when you close the doors, so you can confirm that doors are closed?

2. You said pilot changes weapons system? Only selecting 30 mill cannon will close the sight, nothing else will. So, again, are you sure doors are closed?

Didn't know that was a thing, yeah I believe that was it. Thank you.

• 3 months later...

This also occurs in normal play without VR, using standard trackir. I'll work on getting a track and video of this happening.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Start up hind with friend in the PC seat, occupy CPG seat.
  2. Activate weapon systems and start up missile guidance system
  3. Open sight
  4. Fire missile, optionally tracking to destroy target
  5. Close sight
  6. PC manoeuvres, egresses
  7. Open sight
  8. After one or several repetitions of steps 3 thru 6 the sight will now be canted to approximately 45 degrees and be pointed wildly off-axis

You can see this happening in this clip from a recent stream I did with a friend, my view is visible in the upper right corner. I have several tracks corresponding to this stream, since we discovered the issue could be temporarily resolved by restarting my DCS and re-entering the CPG seat, though I haven't included them here since they're fairly long. Our intention is to generate a fresh (short) track that demonstrates the issue as quickly as possible.

https://clips.twitch.tv/DullCheerfulWolverineDatSheffy-t4TSz8FRfY1bgg_w

5 hours ago, Nene said:

This also occurs in normal play without VR, using standard trackir. I'll work on getting a track and video of this happening.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Start up hind with friend in the PC seat, occupy CPG seat.
  2. Activate weapon systems and start up missile guidance system
  3. Open sight
  4. Fire missile, optionally tracking to destroy target
  5. Close sight
  6. PC manoeuvres, egresses
  7. Open sight
  8. After one or several repetitions of steps 3 thru 6 the sight will now be canted to approximately 45 degrees and be pointed wildly off-axis

You can see this happening in this clip from a recent stream I did with a friend, my view is visible in the upper right corner. I have several tracks corresponding to this stream, since we discovered the issue could be temporarily resolved by restarting my DCS and re-entering the CPG seat, though I haven't included them here since they're fairly long. Our intention is to generate a fresh (short) track that demonstrates the issue as quickly as possible.

https://clips.twitch.tv/DullCheerfulWolverineDatSheffy-t4TSz8FRfY1bgg_w

Is there any co-pilot missile tutorials on YouTube you could recommend to me? I don't yet fully understand how the missile systems work.

14 hours ago, admiki said:

With your attitude, calling people names,  I thought you know it all.

I knew everything except for that. I already found a tutorial so I have finally completed my wealth of knowledge. 

Edited by IcedVenom