Seriously Need Export Help

I've been trying to learn how to export cockpit displays for a while. I've searched both ED forums and basic Google searches. There is so much content on the subject now, and a lot of it contradicts the other. Could someone please, either point me to a column or post that explains the basics for exporting MFDs, etc. to my second monitor? Or, post a tut or demo .lua on which file and what lines need to be modified to do a basic second monitor export? I'm wanting to export to my second monitor for now. But, I'm scratch building a universal panel and would like to learn this, so I can export to the small monitors I'll be using when it's finished. Here is my display setup now, it's a really basic stacked. Thanks for any helpmonitors.jpg

And I will execute vengeance in anger and fury upon the heathen, such as they have not heard.

Micah 5:15

I'm not the greatest expert in this matter; but I have done a few setups that work, and decided to document the steps in a structured document. I posted it here: https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/263336-multi-monitor-set-up-beginners-guide/#elControls_4580247_menu

• Thanks 1

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

19 hours ago, LeCuvier said:

I'm not the greatest expert in this matter; but I have done a few setups that work, and decided to document the steps in a structured document. I posted it here: https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/263336-multi-monitor-set-up-beginners-guide/#elControls_4580247_menu

Thanks for the reply @LeCuvier. I've searched for a solid answer, but there are so many different posts about it. I don't know which one to use. Thanx again for the help.

And I will execute vengeance in anger and fury upon the heathen, such as they have not heard.

1) Make sure DCS is NOT running in full screen

2) Set in-game resolution to the TOTAL pixel size for both of your monitors. For two 1080P monitors, stacked vertically, that would be 1920x2160

3) Reset aspect ratio to normal 16:9 (when you change the resolution, this will automatically get weird) ; the value should be 1.77

4)  Build a .lua file telling DCS where you want it to spit out the main sim display and MFDs, and place it in DCSGAMEDIRECTORY/Config/MonitorSetup

5) Select your .lua file from the menu in DCS

Here is an example .lua, showing two 1080P monitors, vertically arranged, with the three displays exported to the top left, bottom center, and top right of the second screen.

1080P plus displays below.lua

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hadn't heard of Helios, @Leonski. But, checked it out and it looks really handy. Thanks for turning me on to that.

And thanks @feefifofum, for the quick lamens instructions, wish I'd have had that a long time ago.

• Like 1