Project Lancaster

If we get the Lancaster, it should be flying at night a lot.  That would increase  the need to get an AI JU-88 and/or bf-110 nightfighter and some Wild Boar 109’s and 190’s, to go after the Lancaster, then we would need an NF version of the Mosquito and/or Beaufighter.  Am I right, or am I right?

Edited by TWC_SLAG
  • Like 6

TWC_SLAG

Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 1T SSD, 500GB SSD, ASUS Prime Z390 MB, Intel i9 9900 Coffee Lake 3.1mhz CPU, ASUS 2070 Super GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram, Track IR5, 32” Gigabyte curved monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, hp Reverb G2.

8 hours ago, Avimimus said:

If you need reference photos from Ottawa (and environs) - let me know.

Im currently working on the landing gear and the payloads so if you have any photos of armament or of bits of the landing gear in particular would be helpful but any reference is a good reference so feel free to send them over

• Like 1

Minor Lancaster Fanboy

EDbanner.png

4 hours ago, Scoobyon said:

Im currently working on the landing gear and the payloads so if you have any photos of armament or of bits of the landing gear in particular would be helpful but any reference is a good reference so feel free to send them over

Just so you know - it is a Lancaster X - so a bit different: https://ingeniumcanada.org/aviation/artifact/avro-683-lancaster-x

If there is a specific part of the landing-gear or bomb bay I might be able to get access to do a walk-around if I phone ahead.

On 12/13/2021 at 12:31 AM, Avimimus said:

Just so you know - it is a Lancaster X - so a bit different: https://ingeniumcanada.org/aviation/artifact/avro-683-lancaster-x

If there is a specific part of the landing-gear or bomb bay I might be able to get access to do a walk-around if I phone ahead.

Is this something any member of the public can set up? Or do you work at the museum? 

I miss the old days, you used to be able to walk right up and touch the planes. I remember standing under the Lanc in the open bomb bay! 

"...I just wanna fly; put your arms around me baby, put your arms around me baby" - Sugar Ray

RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, MSI MPG B550 Gaming mobo, 64 GB DDR4 RAM, 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD 2TB game install drive, Oculus Quest Pro via link cable, Standalone DCS beta.

11 hours ago, FupDuck said:

Is this something any member of the public can set up? Or do you work at the museum? 

I miss the old days, you used to be able to walk right up and touch the planes. I remember standing under the Lanc in the open bomb bay! 

Depends where and what aircraft I would guess.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

13 hours ago, joey45 said:

Depends where and what aircraft I would guess.

Sorry, I thought we were taking about the Aviation Museum in Ottawa? 

"...I just wanna fly; put your arms around me baby, put your arms around me baby" - Sugar Ray

RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, MSI MPG B550 Gaming mobo, 64 GB DDR4 RAM, 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD 2TB game install drive, Oculus Quest Pro via link cable, Standalone DCS beta.

On 12/13/2021 at 1:11 AM, Scoobyon said:

Have you seen these?

Edited by No1sonuk
  • Like 1

On 12/20/2021 at 7:57 PM, No1sonuk said:

Have you seen these?

Yeah ive seen them, I cant seem to find any more videos up close of the landing gear demo and i cant see the setup in the 3d tour of that museum so im not sure if it was taken else where, the other video is pretty good though

Minor Lancaster Fanboy

EDbanner.png

1 hour ago, Tvrdi said:

Great news, but....Why not B17 to fit into current planeset in Normandy map? Or any other bomber from that timescale and battle.

Maybe they just want to drop 22000lbs of bombs.
The B17 couldn't come close to that.
In fact, the B17 load was only marginally bigger/more diverse than the bomber version of the Mosquito, but MUCH slower.

• Like 2

On 12/27/2021 at 11:42 AM, Tvrdi said:

Great news, but....Why not B17 to fit into current planeset in Normandy map? Or any other bomber from that timescale and battle.

Lancaster fits Normandy and Channel maps / timeframe just fine😉

And, certainly for Brits, is probably viewed as far more iconic

• Like 5

On 12/27/2021 at 11:42 AM, Tvrdi said:

The Lancaster is something that is close to my own heart and coming from the air show side of DCS i really wanted PA474 from the BBMF flight as it comes over quite regularly. Id like to do a B17 some day if ED doesnt but the lancaster is my first true love. Hopefully the ww2 maps will keep expanding into germany to get some realistic missions and scenarios

• Like 7

Minor Lancaster Fanboy

EDbanner.png

5 hours ago, Seaside said:

Looking great ! Any chance for this to come out as Ai first ? or will you wait til it's all done ?

Not planned at the moment. ED said they were doing a Lancaster when they first added the WW2 assets but no news on this since and its been removed from the page so they have looked into it previously

Minor Lancaster Fanboy

EDbanner.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/19/2021 at 10:09 AM, FupDuck said:

Sorry, I thought we were taking about the Aviation Museum in Ottawa? 

Sorry for the delay in replying!

Most publicly owned museums have supporting access to the collections for researchers and educational purposes as part of their mandate. The staff are usually pretty good. I once just showed up and asked to take some pictures of the He-162 for a modeler (and they let me go right up to it and take pictures through the canopy). They didn't let me raise the canopy though (I'm sure that'd require writing ahead, getting permission from the curators etc. and might not happen).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...