Project Lancaster

On 3/25/2022 at 5:47 PM, Scoobyon said:

Screen_220321_202527.png

Screen_220321_200402.png

Screen_220321_204623.png

Evocative and beautiful . . . . Very well done Sir. :thumbup:

• Like 2

Alien desktop PC, Intel i7-8700 CPU@3.20GHz 6 Core, Nvidia GTX 1070, 16GB RAM. TM Warthog stick and Throttles. Saitek ProFlight pedals.

• 3 weeks later...

This is one I'm looking forward to!

And this is close to where I live, As in Belgium, which is close to the Dutch Border is where Lancaster Mk III LM580 DX-L crashed on the night of 21/6/1944

(The town is called As, it is near Maasmechelen)

Aircraft - Imgur.jpg

Aircraft - Imgur (1).jpg

Aircraft - Imgur (2).jpg

Aircraft - Imgur (3).jpg

Aircraft - Imgur (4).jpg

• Like 4

Sons of Dogs, Come Eat Flesh

Clan Cameron

On 4/18/2022 at 4:38 AM, Veteran66 said:

DCS Lancaster April Update, i like it 🙂

Just wow…

… take off into the gathering dusk - very atmospheric…!

Very much looking forward to this - a relative and early aviation influence was RAF Bomber Command (Stirlings and B17s), so great anticipation about getting a RAF “heavy” into DCS

One question though - is the prop animation spinning the wrong way??? Or is it a strobe effect in the video?

Edited by rkk01
  • Like 1

Hola

Menudo Mod y que gran trabajo han hecho ...me han puesto los dientes largos 

Me gusta volar en DCS temas de la WW II y con esta preciosa unidad va a quedar de muerte 

La pregunta es,,,se puede descargar ya , donde està el link de descarga , o hay que esperar  a+un ...?

On 4/20/2022 at 11:15 AM, rkk01 said:

One question though - is the prop animation spinning the wrong way??? Or is it a strobe effect in the video?

Good spot, will have to reverse the prop animation for the startup, should be the other way around

On 4/23/2022 at 12:51 PM, rkk01 said:

Interesting on the engine start and management…

@Scoobyon does the Lanc have a workaround for the DCS 2 engine limitation?  
Or have you found a way to have four Merlins all roaring along independently???!

With the EFM You can have up to 20 engines i believe, We have the EFM set up with 4 and the SFM system is limited to 2 engines

On 4/23/2022 at 2:25 PM, GUINCHO said:

Hola

Menudo Mod y que gran trabajo han hecho ...me han puesto los dientes largos 

Me gusta volar en DCS temas de la WW II y con esta preciosa unidad va a quedar de muerte 

La pregunta es,,,se puede descargar ya , donde està el link de descarga , o hay que esperar  a+un ...?

Quick google translate tells me you are looking for a download link? At the moment it isnt released as only half of the positions have been modeled and we are working on the flight model and tuning it to fly correctly, We dont have a ETA as we want a quality mod and not have to rush to meet deadlines

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Minor Lancaster Fanboy

EDbanner.png

8 hours ago, Scoobyon said:

Looked like quite the trip from the ADSB, not sure what was going on for the fast flypast but looked like weather or sightseeing?

The Lancaster was visiting sites where Lancaster crews had lost their lives, there are quite a lot over here, it was a memorial fly-over.

Battle of Britain Memorial Flight (Official)
Today was a significant day in the BBMF calendar. The Lancaster bomber and her crew were airborne for a commemorative flight into Belgium and the Netherlands. The flight totaled around seven hours of flying whilst conducting fly-pasts over 19 sites across the two countries. 
Keep an eye on our social media channels over the next few days. We will be sharing in flight footage from the trip to offer you a taste of what it's like to fly in the Lanc. 

Edited by Alicatt
  • Like 1

Clan Cameron

On 5/5/2022 at 8:38 PM, Alicatt said:

The Lancaster was visiting sites where Lancaster crews had lost their lives, there are quite a lot over here, it was a memorial fly-over.

It was due for the final flypast, left 30 mins after the schedule and then flew around for 2h and returned 2h later than scheduled

Minor Lancaster Fanboy

EDbanner.png

15 hours ago, Scoobyon said:

It was due for the final flypast, left 30 mins after the schedule and then flew around for 2h and returned 2h later than scheduled

Did not watch/follow the full flight just the hour or so around the time she was supposed to over fly our town in Belgium, she was about 40 minutes late arriving and she flew low and slow, our local airfield, Sanicole, was packed out with people come to watch her, it was too busy for me, I really do not like crowds. So I watched her flying past my house just south of KeeBee airbase.

Clan Cameron

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Interested in the loadout limitations that might apply to the Lancaster within DCS…

My understanding is that ED control weapons / ordnance available within DCS??? 

Clearly the Lancaster justifies some bigger bombs than the 500lbs bombs the Allied WW2 aircraft are currently limited to😟. I’m specifically thinking of the 4,000lbs Cookie and 12,000lbs Tallboy.

There are real world Op Crossbow Lancaster / Tallboy targets on the Channel map, and with South Atlantic making a good “Norway”, we could also use a Tallboy or two in the fjords…

744CE337-0C8B-4D1C-AC99-A037DE03047E.png

(I’d happily forgo the RL Lanc mods that were applied to get the Tallboy airborne 😉)

• Like 3

Screen_211214_210747.png

Screen_211006_221846.pngBig_Bombs.jpgunknown.png

Digital_Combat_Simulator_Black_Shark_Scr

We have implemented a couple of the bombs into DCS, There's a few inaccuracies in that the larger bombs were dropped by the mk3 with bigger engines. I think some of the limits imposed by ED are on guided weapons and "smart" weapons systems
@rkk01

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Minor Lancaster Fanboy

EDbanner.png