Project Lancaster

2 hours ago, rkk01 said:

@Scoobyon - that has absolutely made my day - and I dare say I’m not alone😃

so - is that a Grand Slam, Tallboy, Cookie, incendiary dispenser AND an Upkeep…?!!!

Correct, Incendiary dispenser is technically a small to standard bomb carrier (SBC) but its used for incendiaries

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Minor Lancaster Fanboy

EDbanner.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hi @Scoobyon

Missed the past few posts here in this thread and just saw all the progress now. I'am totally blown away. Congratulations to that stunning work. This really becomes my most anticipated next step in DCS. Cant wait 

Thanks for your great efforts on this amazing Lancaster

Cheers

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Impressive details already and even better presentation. Those renders look absolutely stunning! I love the one from the front with the ominous shadows. I always cheer up when there is an update notification for this thread.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On 6/18/2022 at 5:20 PM, Scoobyon said:

We have implemented a couple of the bombs into DCS, There's a few inaccuracies in that the larger bombs were dropped by the mk3 with bigger engines. 
@rkk01

Hmm... The difference between a Mk.I and III is that the III used Packard-built V-1650 Merlin (28) engines which required slightly different tools for maintenance - that is the reason for the different mark designation.  It is true that later production builds of the Lanc used more powerful engines (22 @ ~1400hp, 24 @ ~1600hp) but that did not lead to new Mk. designations.

There's also quite a few mods introduced along the entire production run (apart from mods such as removal of the upper turret for Specials)

• F.24 Strike Camera - introduced as standard mid 1942
  • Paddle blade propeller - introduced on the Lancaster in early 1943   
  • Side windows (except large navigator's window) - deleted in production after the end of the ED series, September 1943 (does not apply to cases of over-painted windows on earlier serials)
  • Late (large) nose bubble - introduced September 1943 
  • Late (large) Astro-dome - introduced beginning of 1944 
  • Navigator's bench instead of swivel-seat - introduced in spring of 1944 
  • Larger radiators for tropical use introduced in late 1944 - also leading to a slight difference in radiator intakes.

The last one is tricky, because the current extant airframes were modified as such post-war and may therefore not reflect wartime aircraft.

Edited by alt-92
  • Like 1

This mod looks awesome. I’ve always been fascinated by the WWII bombers, can’t wait to have a fly. I didn’t realise there was a way you could get the weapons systems working on volunteer modules. I was of the impression that you had to have commercial access to the SDK. 

Looking forward to some more news. 

• Like 1

i7700k OC to 4.8GHz with Noctua NH-U14S (fan) with AORUS RTX2080ti 11GB Waterforce. 32GDDR, Warthog HOTAS and Saitek rudders. HP Reverb.

I just(*) want to sit up there ^^ and run through the start up for all FOUR Merlins…

… and “recruit” my son as Flight Engineer to help push the four throttles (**) forward as we roll 

(*) - well not really… flying the Lanc and dropping ordnance etc etc as well

(**) - adds four axis throttle to long wish list

• Like 1

On 10/5/2022 at 1:04 PM, rkk01 said:

I just(*) want to sit up there ^^ and run through the start up for all FOUR Merlins…

… and “recruit” my son as Flight Engineer to help push the four throttles (**) forward as we roll 

We do have 4 independently controlled throttles already so no need for the wishlist, Hopefully we should be able to accomodate the strange people who somehow have 16 different throttle axis aswell as the people who only have one. We cant provide children to push the throttles for you so you will have to bring your own 🙂 

On 10/3/2022 at 11:27 AM, Willie Nelson said:

This mod looks awesome. I’ve always been fascinated by the WWII bombers, can’t wait to have a fly. I didn’t realise there was a way you could get the weapons systems working on volunteer modules. I was of the impression that you had to have commercial access to the SDK. 

Looking forward to some more news. 

It is possible, Once you get into modern ordinance with targeting pods and guided munitions it gets problematic but we shouldnt run into that issue (hopefully). Its possible to edit the code and get 16 nukes aboard and droppable but you have to be real high to not blow yourself out the sky, Dont ask how iIknow

• Like 4

Minor Lancaster Fanboy

EDbanner.png

On 10/1/2022 at 10:56 AM, alt-92 said:

Hmm... The difference between a Mk.I and III is that the III used Packard-built V-1650 Merlin (28) engines which required slightly different tools for maintenance - that is the reason for the different mark designation.  It is true that later production builds of the Lanc used more powerful engines (22 @ ~1400hp, 24 @ ~1600hp) but that did not lead to new Mk. designations.

There's also quite a few mods introduced along the entire production run (apart from mods such as removal of the upper turret for Specials)

• F.24 Strike Camera - introduced as standard mid 1942
  • Paddle blade propeller - introduced on the Lancaster in early 1943   
  • Side windows (except large navigator's window) - deleted in production after the end of the ED series, September 1943 (does not apply to cases of over-painted windows on earlier serials)
  • Late (large) nose bubble - introduced September 1943 
  • Late (large) Astro-dome - introduced beginning of 1944 
  • Navigator's bench instead of swivel-seat - introduced in spring of 1944 
  • Larger radiators for tropical use introduced in late 1944 - also leading to a slight difference in radiator intakes.

The last one is tricky, because the current extant airframes were modified as such post-war and may therefore not reflect wartime aircraft.

Pretty much this, You missed the ventral (belly) turret removal and a few unoffical things like the removal of perspex from turrets to improve visibility but you get the gist, Survivability upgrades

DCS 2022-10-03 11-40-52.png

DCS 2022-10-03 11-40-52.png

DCS 2022-10-03 11-35-52.png

• Like 9

Minor Lancaster Fanboy

EDbanner.png

On 10/5/2022 at 11:04 PM, rkk01 said:

I have just bought a rig for my dad. I can't wait to get him in this bad boy and have a crack. Going to be so much fun. 

Edited by Willie Nelson
  • Like 1

i7700k OC to 4.8GHz with Noctua NH-U14S (fan) with AORUS RTX2080ti 11GB Waterforce. 32GDDR, Warthog HOTAS and Saitek rudders. HP Reverb.

27 minutes ago, Slippa said:

Superb looking, well done. Am I confused or does this mean DCS will have Hurricanes as well as Lancs sometime soon? I've gotta get it fixed. It'll be red hot.

we have 2 hurricane IICs painted up for BBMF use, theres a mod in the works but they need coders for a flight model, really doesnt fly like a hurricane at the moment but it works for videos and screenshotsimage.png

Screen_220319_213222.png

Screen_220407_160840.png

• Like 8

Minor Lancaster Fanboy

EDbanner.png