Project Lancaster

On 1/23/2023 at 7:17 PM, zcrazyx said:

the more I keep an eye on the this the more I wish to build a sim pit for one, shame finding dimension is incredibly hard, which begs the question, were you allowed to 3d scan a real Lancaster to model this?

The scans have come from a variety of places, the guys at just jane are really helpful and one of the people in discord donated some scans he did of the bombadier and wireless stations in nx611, Theres also 3d scans from the university of calgary if im correct which are both interior and exterior, the closest you can get to a orthographic view of the main panel (that ive found) is here in EO 05-25A-4 image.png

• Like 3

Minor Lancaster Fanboy

EDbanner.png

Reminds me of a thing my ol dear had with "Lord grant me patience... but hurry" on it. I'd rather wait til we can sit in the cockpit and start binding switches though.

Nice skins 🙂. Glad to see you've been on to LAHC and they've been helpful. You deserve a trip up there in case you haven't already. If you have, you deserve another one. You'll have to have a taxi, research purposes o course.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, jonsky7 said:

Looks amazing!

Don't suppose there is enough done for an AI model is there?

At the moment no, At this moment in time ive completely rebuilt the wing from the ground up and we are focusing on getting a working aircraft for people to fly in, Maybe we will do some AI assets as a modpack to play around with at some point but focus now is getting client aircraft working

• Like 11

Minor Lancaster Fanboy

EDbanner.png

Honestly can't wait for this. I wouldn't mind if this project eventually went professional too, I'd pay some bucks for it at that point!

• Like 5
  • Windows 11 Pro, RTX4090 (24GB), 5950X @ 4.3GHz, 64GB RAM @ 3000MHz, M.2 SSD 8TB, Pimax Crystal
  • Modules and maps: All of 'em. (It's a problem...)

5 hours ago, Slippa said:

That level of attention to detail’s great to see. The little things make all the difference sometimes. Have to sympathise with the flight modelling dept. the bar’s set pretty high. If it operates anything like it looks, well… 🎯 :thumbup:

Wizard show. 🧙‍♀️

Flight models are the stuff of black magic to me, I had a look at the work going into it and did some research on getting the flight data but I too sympathise, this was from the CFD software from last year. The propellors caused quite a few issues with negative lift and all sorts of weird stuff but its mostly ironed out now
unknown.png
unknown.png

Most of the data was lost in the 1959 fire along with most of the manuals so we have to use computational fluid dynamics to generate data through what is effectively a wind tunnel

• Like 11

Minor Lancaster Fanboy

EDbanner.png

I didn’t know about the fire so looked it up. Shame so much was lost though I now have another museum to put on my to do list. Glad the team seem to have it sussed, again, amazed at what goes into it all. Trouble with reading this thread is I’m now itching to get in and start flicking buttons 😛