3rd Marine Air Wing is recruiting!

Sn8ke

Newly started up 3rd Marine Air Wing is currently recruiting F/A-18C and AV-8B Night Attack Harrier drivers (Some experience required).

What we are: 3rd MAW is a real-sim virtual USMC Air Wing simulating some of the last remaining United States Marine Corps’ F/A-18C and AV-8B squadrons assigned to the 3rd Marine Air Wing at MCAS Miramar and Yuma. We will specialize in close air support (CAS) and strike missions as they are conducted in support of the Marine Air/Ground Task Force (MAGTF). As Fighter/Attack pilots, we will also perfect our air-to-air skills in both BVR and close-in ACM environments. Deployment wise, we will conduct deployments both on the boat and land-based. Maps utilized will consist of NTTR, Marianas, Persian Gulf, and Syria. Boat operations will be conducted on both the Super Carrier module and Tarawa (Harrier). 

We will be standing up (2) F/A-18C squadrons (VMFA-232 ‘Red Devils’/VMFA 323 ‘Death Rattlers’) and one AV-8B squadron (VMA-214 ‘Black Sheep’).

- Missions will be conducted as realistically as possible, down to radio comms procedures, radio brevities, mission cards, carrier launch windows, tacform, boat recovery cycles, etc.

- As far as experience required, please be proficient with the following task(s):

- Realistic aircraft start up, including check-list usage.

- Perform take-offs, landings, and basic flight maneuvers such as turns, climbs, and descents.

- You don’t have to be perfect, however please be able to land on the boat.

- Be able to air-to-air refuel. 

- Weapon systems, TGP (Both Litening and ATFLIR), radar fundamentals will be covered thoroughly in our work-up cycle. Thorough knowledge of such systems is desired, however not necessary.

-Missions will be designed based on the collective input and design of all those participating, as we are not only accurately simulate real world operations, we are mist importantly here to have fun. 

I understand many of us are working adults from multiple time zones. Scheduling of missions will be based on everyones’ schedules, with events at least once a week if possible.  As for now, respond here if interested, a Discord channel will be started up shortly. 

Edited by Sn8ke

Asus ROG Maximus X Apex//Core I7 8700K @ 5.3Ghz //32GB DDR4 RAM//Asus 3090 RTX//4K monitor w/ TrackIR 5

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am interested, too.

ASUS ROG Strix B450-F Gaming, AMD Ryzen 3800X, 64 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000, ASUS TUF Gaming Radeon RX 6800 XT, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 250 GB (OS), Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 1 TB (DCS World), Gigabyte G27QC Gaming Monitor, DelanClip Gamer, WINWING F-16EX Metal Flightstick with Orion2 Joystick Base, WINWING F-15EX II Metal Throttle with Orion2 Throttle Base, WINWING PTO 2 Take Off Panel, VIRPIL Controls Ace Flight Pedals, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, Thrustmaster MFD Cougar Pack, Windows 10 Pro

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

A small point:

If you want to be realistic, in the Marine Corps they are called, “Aircraft Wing” not “Air Wing”. So “3rd Marine Aircraft Wing” is correct. The Navy has “Air Wings”.

My apologies for being so pedantic but I couldn’t help it.

• 2 months later...