IFLOLS – ICLS misalignment

GumidekCZ

Bug I want to report here is about misalignment of IFLOLS – ICLS discussed in many topics here. Like this one:

I searched for any evidence, how these systems were aligned in RW and surprisingly found these documents, where its described how certification process demanded to align and corelate these system to show almost exact/nearly same glideslope plane – not just angle, to provide pilot “seamless transition from ICLS needle guidance to IFLOLS visual guidance.” This was done through certification process of the systems described in documents down bellow.

With this report, I want to mention, that we are still waiting for Eye-to-Hook height manual and automatic adjustment, corelated between these systems to allow to any plane in DCS equipped with hook to hit the deck with hook exactly between 2 and 3 wire or any other place decided manually by human controlled LSO station. Lack of this very important feature was also discussed many time on forum. I almost forgotten to mention here also the missing AN/SPN-46, AN/SPN-41 indication of landing aircraft radar lock on LSO screens for bad weather recoveries.

F/A-18A-D Hornet Current and Future Utilization of Mode I Automatic Carrier Landings

https://trace.tennessee.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?referer=&httpsredir=1&article=1356&context=utk_gradthes

Analysis of the Instrument Carrier Landing System Certification Process for Amphibious Assault Ships (page 24)

https://trace.tennessee.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=3528&context=utk_gradthes

LANDING SIGNAL OFFICER REFERENCE MANUAL (handy document for Heatblure Forrestal class carrier)

https://documents.pub/download/lso

4.2.2  Centerline Camera Stabilization And Crosshairs.

There is mentioned that LSO PLAT cam was adjusted independently on ICLS and FLOLS by LSO before each recovery by aircraft Eye-to-Hook value. I dont know if the LSO PLAT cam is still adjusted independently at our Stennis class improved PALS system with new IFLOLS and whole new LSO station, when compared with the Forrestal class carrier.

Nice feature to have is selectable Reticle illumination; black for day, white for night.

Edited by GumidekCZ
  • Like 2

• ED Team

I will ask the team about Eye-to-Hook height but can not promise anything at the moment, as for making demands, you need to relax a little. 

• Like 3

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team
On 12/2/2021 at 9:38 AM, Jackjack171 said:

Did you just say "you demand" bro? Come on now! 

FYI, 
We are still waiting for wands for night operations...

Well... to be fair... this is not a free mod, this would be a really good comment if it was, but this is an expensive product, he has every right to demand value for his money.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, m4ti140 said:

value for his money.

Key phrase here, which is often forgotten. For the price of a high-fidelity single-engine WW2 module we got a detailed 3D model, extra spawn points, ATC comms (that won't automatically switch with weather/daylight changes), placeholder LSO grading, and interactive deck crew limited to daylight Hornet operations only (as Tomcat support is spotty in everything from crew interaction to LSO comms/grading). 

• Like 4

15 hours ago, m4ti140 said:

Well... to be fair... this is not a free mod, this would be a really good comment if it was, but this is an expensive product, he has every right to demand value for his money.

I get it, and he "fixed" himself! There's a way to ask for things and not sound like a total tool. I've spent a lot of money as well, but I would not approach the Devs that way...it screams entitlement!

Enough said there. 

Fly Navy!

• Like 2

DO it or Don't, but don't cry about it. Real men don't cry!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
On 12/2/2021 at 9:52 AM, BIGNEWY said:

I will ask the team about Eye-to-Hook height but can not promise anything at the moment, as for making demands, you need to relax a little. 

Bumping up with ask about the state of this bug. I hope for "Reported" and fix in future.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 7/12/2022 at 1:05 PM, GumidekCZ said:

Bumping up with ask about the state of this bug. I hope for "Reported" and fix in future.

Same, bumping again.

We have a misaligned ball that disappears when lined up right of runway, and those bugs are sitting here unresolved for a year, I mean, come on.

Edited by JCTherik
  • Like 3