F-18 JHMCS shows target range despite far above burnthrough range

Max1mus

3 bugs:

1)
F-18 JHMCS sees target aspect when jammed, HUD does not. I assume someone forgot to code it in for the JHMCS.

2)
F-18 JHMCS shows target range despite far above burnthrough range, if a friendly f18 (also not in burnthrough range) is illuminating it. It seems to start at around 35 miles, while burnthrough is at around 23 miles. This effectively renders ECM useless against the F-18, and infact actually helps it, since the radar will hold lock no matter what when jammed.
BUG_F18_Targetaspect+Range_despite_jamming.trk

3)
When the F-18 is jammed, it does not loose lock on the current target. A target flashing its ECM (like the DCS F-14 SPJ) will not make it loose track under any conditions.
BUG_F18_holds_lock.trk

Meanwhile, this is the case for the DCS F-15 or Su-27. When they have a target locked and said target turns on ECM, they loose lock and need to reaquire. Assuming they´re out of ECM burnthrough range.
F15_lock_broken.trk

Su27_lock_broken.trk

• Like 1

• ED Team

Please only one report per thread, it just confuses issues. 

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• BIGNEWY changed the title to F-18 radar-ECM interaction
  • ED Team

Point 1 I will investigate. 

Point 2 is reported to the team for checking. 

point 3 looks to be correct as is is

Please in future only report one issue per report, if you need to make a new thread regarding the others include a short track and any evidence. 

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• BIGNEWY changed the title to F-18 JHMCS shows target range despite far above burnthrough range
  • BIGNEWY locked this topic