Air-to-Air Refueling?

Mike Force Team

I've never seen one with one...  but I don't know for 100% sure :).

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

• ED Team
10 hours ago, Mike Force Team said:

Can a refueling boom be added to the Apache for air-to-air refueling?

No

• Like 4

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

11 hours ago, Mike Force Team said:

Can a refueling boom be added to the Apache for air-to-air refueling?

The bigger question is why you would want to do AAR in the Apache. For the Apache mission set what you are looking for is a place to land and refuel close to the battle (a FARP) not a tanker.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Scaley said:

The bigger question is why you would want to do AAR in the Apache. For the Apache mission set what you are looking for is a place to land and refuel close to the battle (a FARP) not a tanker.

Call me crazy, but trying to do AAR while 50 meters off the deck, chasing a KC-130 near its stall speed sounds like an interesting challenge... 😄

• 3 weeks later...
Just now, frostycab said:

Given that the top speed of the Apache is in the region of the 150kt mark I think it's firmly outside the practical envelope for any tanker aircraft anyway, isn't it?

I mean they slow down enough for blackhawks so, just to be clear not advocating for it, just saying we go relatively the same speed 

• 1 month later...

Can we get cruise missiles?

And sharks w lazerbeemz ?

Oddly enough I think there IS a concept for a "cruise missile" for attack helos of the next generation... not sure where I saw it, might have been Bell Invictus maybe? Not a big Tomohawk or anything, more like a Hellfire with an extra foot or two of length and a tiny turbine for thrust... think it was for loitering recon and then destroy.

On 2/19/2022 at 8:10 PM, Rick50 said:

Can we get cruise missiles?

And sharks w lazerbeemz ?

Oddly enough I think there IS a concept for a "cruise missile" for attack helos of the next generation... not sure where I saw it, might have been Bell Invictus maybe? Not a big Tomohawk or anything, more like a Hellfire with an extra foot or two of length and a tiny turbine for thrust... think it was for loitering recon and then destroy.

Certainly. https://www.popularmechanics.com/military/research/a21071/us-commandos-to-arm-apache-gunships-with-lasers/

I think the helos that do AAR are Navy and USMC ones. Hard to make a FARP in the middle of the sea, and it's not always feasible to move up a ship with a helipad (say, because of a minefield the helo is currently trying to sweep). Other than that, spec ops birds like Pave Low and Pave Hawk, which can't always count on any friendlies being around. That also means we're not likely to experience AAR in a helo anytime soon, as awesome as replicating the raid on Iraqi radars with Apaches guided by Pave Lows would be (then again, we won't have the A model Apache, either).

I think the helos that do AAR are Navy and USMC ones. Hard to make a FARP in the middle of the sea, and it's not always feasible to move up a ship with a helipad (say, because of a minefield the helo is currently trying to sweep). Other than that, spec ops birds like Pave Low and Pave Hawk, which can't always count on any friendlies being around. That also means we're not likely to experience AAR in a helo anytime soon, as awesome as replicating the raid on Iraqi radars with Apaches guided by Pave Lows would be (then again, we won't have the A model Apache, either).
Pretty sure a FARP at sea is called a carrier

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Dragon1-1 said:

Pave Low, Pave Hawk, as CSAR rescue yes. Some MH-60 variants, MH-47 also yes have fuel probes. So USAF rescue birds and Army SOF birds. 

IF you want to experience helo AAR right now, you CAN, and do it free, in DCS though!  Go download the UH-60 mod, which has the fuel probe  for AAR, many have fueled up from the Marine KC-130 and posted Youtubers of it!  It doesn't use a glass cockpit, instead the older "steamgauge sixpack" style. Nor any weapons, not even doorguns (yet... maybe in future update?). But you get night vision goggles that work, several paint schemes, and an UH-60L that's plausible... for free download!