Imported files are damaged. 2.5.6 not supported?

Mjm8710

Very frustrated to say the least. Tried getting on DCS tonight (2.5.6 on stream) and got an error message ("Imported files are damaged: Please repair. Check dcs.log for details.) when I tried opening the sim. I used the search function on the forum and noticed the solution was to opt into Open Beta. Tried that but 2.7 does not run well on my computer. Apparently, that's the only solution? Also reverted back to 2.5.6 and still didn't work after I download it again. Is 2.5.6 no longer an option going forward? Sim worked just fine for me a week ago. Running 2.7 is absolutely not an option on my computer because the game freezes up even on the lowest settings yet 2.5.6 I could run it on high settings and it looks gorgeous. I really enjoy DCS and have been a longtime enthusiast, but I'm at the point I'm about to hang it up for good and find a new hobby because I don't want to be forced into version 2.7 that's half broken (still hearing people complain that they can't run it on their newer computers-so too risky for me to invest right now).

Any suggestions or am I out of luck with my current computer? 

• ED Team

Hi, 

this is the situation :

Steam updated the steam client which created problems for DCS. 

We fixed the issue in our latest open beta 2.7.8 version so we had no choice but to send our current open beta to the stable version of DCS on steam only, this has resolved the steam client issues. 

Legacy versions of DCS on steam which are no longer supported still have problems. 

Please contact support directly here https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/ 

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 2 weeks later...