F/A-18C Hornet default missile radar settings

Hey Guys,

I was looking around game files but can't manage to find what I want, so I hope you can help out. I'm looking for a way to set default radar settings for each of the weapons in the Hornet, so I won't need to edit them at every startup of the aircraft, similar way like one can do with countermeasures with CMDS_ALE47.lua. Like PRF, bars, azimuth, track age, etc.

All I managed to find is mentioning of these default settings in \Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Options\AircraftSettings.lua but changing them doesn't seem to do the trick. So if anyone managed to find it please post it, I guess not only me would find it quite useful and be thankful for that. At the end we can make a nice little mod similar to CMS mod to set missiles settings for something more reasonable and usable comparing to current defaults.

Edited by Fiztex
  • Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

I've been editing this file today and can confirm it doesn't seem to change anything. I wanted to start by setting the radar alt to off instead of the default 5000 to make prepping the hornet less tedious, along with other little changes (HMD brightness 100% and rwr on by default to name a few). My best guess is that the waypoint start type predetermines how these settings get configured, I'll keep digging and see if I can find anything that aludes to this. Another thought was that the auto start sequence might be affecting this (rwr is not turned on during the auto start sequence) but I mostly use air starts and the rwr is always on by default on those.

PM me if you find anything interesting.

7 часов назад, Clayteng сказал:

I've been editing this file today and can confirm it doesn't seem to change anything. I wanted to start by setting the radar alt to off instead of the default 5000 to make prepping the hornet less tedious, along with other little changes (HMD brightness 100% and rwr on by default to name a few). My best guess is that the waypoint start type predetermines how these settings get configured, I'll keep digging and see if I can find anything that aludes to this. Another thought was that the auto start sequence might be affecting this (rwr is not turned on during the auto start sequence) but I mostly use air starts and the rwr is always on by default on those.

PM me if you find anything interesting.

Thanks for reply, I'm looking too but didn't find anything so far.. Tried to ask in several places but nobody seem to know anything about the way to change default settings for ATTCK RDR. Indeed I ended up with autostart and while it's going I'm setting up the weapons, so the time wasted gets reduced. Hope the devs will work on some kind of DTS system so we can modify the settings we want on the ground and load them up into the planes.

• 1 year later...

Resurrecting a necrothread but I was just going to dig into this file tonight to do the same thing.  I'm glad I found this post before I wasted my time.  The first clue was that the default values for the AIM120 in this file aren't applied to a hot or cold started Hornet.  Has anyone found a way to do what OP was trying to do in the last year?  I'm also hoping for a data transfer cart.  Hopefully we'll see something somewhere down the road.