Silence the outgoing AI voice from coms menu

Ducksen

I would like to have native in DCS an option tick box for audio broadcast with AI. Or some better name. So that the call for the carrier where your pilot says marking moms 235 for 35 bla bla. That that part is silent, and only the reply and voice from ATC, JTAC etc etc are the ones that you hear. I find it weird to hear an AI talking on my behalf. And would make for better immersion in multiplayer, multicrew etc etc.

• Like 3

+1 something like a 'player voice' checkbox.

Though personally, the player voice needs to be overhaulled anyway, for starters, if you're in a Tomcat, going from cold start to landing on a carrier you'll hear 3 different pilot voices (there's one for asking for ground power, a different one to turn on the air, a completely different one when talking to the carrier), which kinda ruins the immersion for me.

That and the fact that there's only 1 voice (well, actually 3 for the above reasons) to choose per localisation. We really need to have multiple and preferably from a more diverse range of voice actors (as an example, the other, F-16 orientated sim, there are 10 different voices, 2 of which are female). The same can be said for AI voices.

Edited by Northstar98
grammar, more detail
  • Like 3

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

7 minutes ago, Northstar98 said:

We really need to have multiple, and preferably from a more diverse range of voice actors (as an example, the other, F-16 orientated sim, there are 10 different voices, 2 of which are female).

QFE!

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

I agree, it should be available as a choice.
Now there must be some line one can edit, because us VAICOM users can already do this.
I'd also highly recommend that it also would turn off pilot computer voice in MP for receiving clients, so VAICOM/VoiceAttack could work
with SRS/Voice Chat out of the box without special settings or work arounds to prevent "double speech".

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

• 6 months later...

+1 

The same we have an Yester silence mode.... we should have an AI silence. Because we cannot turn off radios when have to deal with communications with payware campaigns... the the AI don't let us liste what the mission commands says.

• Like 1

I think it would be rather odd to not hear your pilots voice in the sim and only hear the response. 

i9-13900K @ 6.2GHz oc | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

On 12/7/2021 at 5:36 PM, Northstar98 said:

+1 something like a 'player voice' checkbox.

Though personally, the player voice needs to be overhaulled anyway, for starters, if you're in a Tomcat, going from cold start to landing on a carrier you'll hear 3 different voices, which kinda ruins the immersion for me.

That and the fact that there's only 1 voice (well, actually 3 for the above reasons) to choose per localisation. We really need to have multiple, and preferably from a more diverse range of voice actors (as an example, the other, F-16 orientated sim, there are 10 different voices, 2 of which are female). The same can be said for AI voices.

Multiple voices and languages would be awesome. For example it would be awesome. Back to the topic I think silencing your pilot might be good especially if we can get  voice command I know there is an app for that. 

Edited by upyr1
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, SharpeXB said:

I think it would be rather odd to not hear your pilots voice in the sim and only hear the response. 

Yes, unless you actually talk using VAICOM.

• Like 2

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

4 hours ago, draconus said:

Yes, unless you actually talk using VAICOM.

Sure

i9-13900K @ 6.2GHz oc | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5