F14 SC fixes when??

Arew

Can we please for the love of god fix the F14 spawns? I’m so sick of having to respawn five hundred times on MP servers or missions to not have a broken wing.  We’ve started just having all our Tomcats stationed on air bases because of it.  Can fit a million hornets on an empty deck but struggle with two F14s. 

Not even mentioning the fact that deck crews stop responding if a F14 is hooked up so you can only have 1-2 hooked up at a time if you don’t spawn on the cats… Or the IFLOS…

4 hours ago, Arew said:

Can we please for the love of god fix the F14 spawns? I’m so sick of having to respawn five hundred times on MP servers or missions to not have a broken wing.  We’ve started just having all our Tomcats stationed on air bases because of it.  Can fit a million hornets on an empty deck but struggle with two F14s. 

Not even mentioning the fact that deck crews stop responding if a F14 is hooked up so you can only have 1-2 hooked up at a time if you don’t spawn on the cats… Or the IFLOS…

I know you’re not gonna like it,but it’s EA. Meaning it is incomplete and will likely take a long time to finish. As long as people keep giving ED money for largely incomplete modules and without a clear schedule or time frame for completion, nothing will change.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Snappy said:

I know you’re not gonna like it,but it’s EA. Meaning it is incomplete and will likely take a long time to finish. As long as people keep giving ED money for largely incomplete modules and without a clear schedule or time frame for completion, nothing will change.

This is "bugs and problems" section and OP asks for a fix. It has nothing to do with the missing features.

• Like 5

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

43 minutes ago, draconus said:

This is "bugs and problems" section and OP asks for a fix. It has nothing to do with the missing features.

Well thats your opinion. Beside its kind of questionable to make any real distinction there, between bug and feature when it comes to EA .

The F-16's earlier inaccurate flight model could then by your definition also be considered a bug, yet ED referred to the EA label and that it would be improved later on- which it was btw, later in EA.

I would say  Supercarrier compatability with anything else but EDs own F-18 is a missing feature and apparently not high on their priority list, otherwise they would ve implemented it by now.

The current implementation is just a  no frills bandaid patch- over so  that ED can formally claim you can use the supercarrier with the F-14.So OP will likely have to wait until they get around to improve it. It's just the nature of EA.

Edited by Snappy

This is a $40 module that’s been out for a year and a half.  F16s flight model was still operable for F16 squadrons. SC is barely usable for F14 players going up with more than a section.  I’m fine waiting for missing features like ready room, night wands for the deck crew, and the Air Boss room, but considering there’s only two full fidelity carrier based planes in the game it doesn’t seem like a stretch to be able to spawn more than 2 maybe 3 F14s on an empty deck without having to start missions paused.

Edited by Arew
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Arew said:

This is a $40 module that’s been out for a year and a half.  F16s flight model was still operable for F16 squadrons. SC is barely usable for F14 players going up with more than a section.  I’m fine waiting for missing features like ready room, night wands for the deck crew, and the Air Boss room, but considering there’s only two full fidelity carrier based planes in the game it doesn’t seem like a stretch to be able to spawn more than 2 maybe 3 F14s on an empty deck without having to start missions paused.

No, don’t get me wrong Arew, I understand your frustration and your position. But by now people should know how ED usually operates and that EDs definition of EA translates into long stretches of buggy(in certain areas) and incomplete product state, after they got your money.

Still people seem to be willing to throw money at them, as soon as they market the next new shiny toy for pre-order & EA  despite the track record.

In an optimal market your expectations for the F-14 compatibility of the carrier would be reasonably valid, but again this EA, even more , it’s EDs version of EA. So you really shouldn’t be surprised, even this long after product launch. You bought into it with EA.
You should expect to wait a bit longer I guess.

Edited by Snappy
  • Thanks 1

I also have this problem in basiclly any MP mission with F-14 spawns on the SC. It used to work fine up until a patch sometime this summer.

Somewhat related in MP F-14s cannot use CATs adjacent to each other (ie 1&2 or 3&4).

I get that this is EA but it really prevents the SC being used in MP with the SC.

It's not an SC specific problem, happens on all carriers. Seems to be a wing desync issue when clients spawn in.

What ED is responsible for is the catapults. If an F-14 takes CAT 1, cat 2 locks out until launch. If cat 2 is taken, all other cats are locked out. Weird behaviour 

We regularly fly 20+ F14s & 18s off carriers in MP.... The issue with exploding F14s forced us to use landbases, the F14 cannot be used reliably at Sea even on the Stennis or Forrestal..  Couple that with the random ai CAT launch issues makes for a very frustrating experience.   In the Heatblur forum the thread on these issues has been tagged 'investigating' for some long time.

It would be nice if ED or HEATBLUR acknowledges the problem and then we would have to just wait for a fix and put the SC module in the spare cupboard for a while rather than posting to keep the fault in the ED view.

@BIGNEWY is it confirmed reported....  You do not need trackfiles, just try and spawn 3 or 4 Tomcats at the same time onto a carrier in MP. thanks...

• Like 4

SIGBLOCK.png

• 1 month later...
  • ED Team

The problems with tomcats are reported, I dont have any eta for a fix at the moment, but I have chased the report up. 

thanks

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

On 2/11/2022 at 1:33 PM, BIGNEWY said:

The problems with tomcats are reported, I dont have any eta for a fix at the moment, but I have chased the report up. 

thanks

Thanks a lot, @BIGNEWY! Does the list include the incorrect speed/altitude calibration of the LSO and IFLOS, as well as the incorrect "launch bar up" signal from the shooter?