Destroyed targets tanking FPS and tripling frame times?

Xeno 1-1 HuDz

If I'm attacking an airfield and I have destroyed several targets which are now all on fire/giving off black smoke, whenever I look towards all the destroyed targets and have them in my FOV my CPU and GPU frame times triple from like 12-15 up to like 30-35 which causes the frame rate to become ridiculously low. If I just turn my head and get them out my FOV it becomes good again. Is there a way/setting to stop this happening? Is it the smoke that causes it? I have chimney smoke density on 0 thinking this would help but it doesn't 🙂 Cheers.

10900K, RTX3090, 32GB DDR4 3200MHZ

Edited by Xeno 1-1 HuDz

Smoke… typically does this… one pass haul arse… fixes it for me … in seriousness the smoke settings in the game UI are for chimneys and things , I know @Taz1004has a mod for smoke I don’t know if it improves perf though?

Edited by speed-of-heat
  • Like 1

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

6 minutes ago, speed-of-heat said:

Smoke… typically does this… one pass haul arse… fixes it for me … in seriousness the smoke settings in the game UI are for chimneys and things , I know @Taz1004has a mod for smoke I don’t know if it improves perf though?

Smoke wouldn't cause that.  It sounds more like crater bug.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, speed-of-heat said:

I had just captured this airfield and was bingo so need to land 😛 its not fun landing with 35ms ish frametimes 😉 to be clear this is not when explosions are happening, just smokey firey dead thigs. It would be nice if we could turn off the smoke/fire to save the the game becoming a slideshow if its not going to be optimised.

from what taz was saying in the thread above its something else , and not directlky related to the smoke itself

• Like 1

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

I try to open new topics and then i see this. I use just my A-10C II 3 cluster bombs (at one I didn't hold trigger too long 😛 ). Yes they are craters. I have Ryzen 3900X @4.1Ghz 32gb ram at 3200, RTX 3080, Rift S. I disable ASW so you can see how they impact fps. Whwn you zoom in at about 10+miles to the target drame rate drops and it stops at about 15+miles..

Bomb craters.trk

• Like 2

I have the same thing happening when dropping cluster bombs. It kills my frametimes and FPS.

It also happens when 30mm bullets impact target, as seen in this video. No idea what causes it. 

• Like 1

I fly an A-10C II in VR and post my DCS journey on Is your phone a YouTube Signature Device? - Gizmochina     |   Subscribe to my DCS A-10C channel   

Come check out the 132nd Virtual Wing                                   |   My 4090 VR Performance Optimization  
SYSTEM SPECS: Ryzen 7 5800X3D, RTX4090, Varjo Aero, VKB Gunfigher MKIII MCG Ultimate with 10cm extension,VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, VPC Control Panel #2, TM TPR Rudders. 64GB RAM, W10, Gametrix Jetseat, PointCTRL (currently broken), OpenKneeboard, Wacom Intuos.

132nd.Ready_Signatur.png