Looking for flight training and a mellow squadron

Heyjax

VCAW-1 has members ranging from late 40s to a few in their 70s.  The wing is laid back but takes a military approach when flying.  We have a training program with great IPs to get you up to speed.  We treat our Discord like a locker room, so if profanity bothers you we're not a group you'd like.

I've put an unedited video here to give those thinking of joining an idea of our flights.  We  really like folks who are retired and can commit to at least 2 flights per week, but one flight per week is acceptable.  We fly two scheduled flights Wednesday evening at 8pm eastern, and Saturday evening at 9pm eastern.  We typically field 8-14 core members per flight.  Our primary aircraft is the F-18, but many of the guys fly other aircraft on non-scheduled flight nights; such as F-5, warbird, and helos.

VCAW-1 Web site

VCAW-1 Video

Edited by BoneDust
  • Like 1

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

On 12/4/2021 at 3:59 PM, Heyjax said:

Hello All,

I'm a 54 year noob trying to get started in flight simulations.  I would like to meet and/ or join a like minded squadron that has and older community with a great sense of humor.  I'm not into milsim realism at the moment because I don't have enough knowledge and experience to add value to that particular type of community, not saying I don't have interest, just extremely green.  Having zero flying and military experience I'm concerned with finding the correct squadron. 

I can set up simple missions, do some start ups, take offs, very basic navigation, and landings (pretty rough).  Currently purchased F-16, L-39,SA342 Gazelle, Nevada and the Persian Gulf.  Also downloaded MP-339, A4 Skyhawk and the T-45.  

My goals are to learn more than the basics of flying but also participate with others in missions and campaigns yet not to be ineffective or a burden in it.

As a fulltime employed person and having a family I can't dedicate my life to gaming but it is important to me.

Joe

HeyJax,

I'm 54 in the SW Missouri area. Started playing flight sims on my Commodore Vic 20 in 1983. My love for flight sims started with Gunship, F-19 Stealth Fighter and Falcon. Haven't played any flight sims for almost 2 decades now. Recently rediscovered my past passion for flight sim this past fall. Played a few space sims but got interested in DCS by watching some great youtube videos done by the Grim Reapers. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZuXjkFY00p1ga3UyCBbR2w   I got DCS last month and just spent a buttload this weekend on DLC for DCS on the current sale. I lived for 42 years in Jacksonville, Florida which is home to the Mayport Naval Base, NAS Jax, the former Cecile Field and Whitehouse field. There was also an Army National Guard Cobra then Apache helicopter squadron as well as a Air National Guard Detachment. So I grew up and lived for quite some time in a major military air hub. My main interest is Naval Aviation centered around Carrier Ops. I just got a Saitek Rhino HOTAS and finished up configuring a detachable desk mount for them today. So I am also now looking for a place to start. Looking for a Mature group to join thats flys allot, can help out a DCS noob and is centered around Carrier Aviation.