TDC Action/Not Action - does it do anything??

bkthunder

Hi, I am starting to get back to the Harrier as hopefully a few of the big bugs seem to have been improved. 

One thing I noticed is that the TDC Action/No action doesn't seem to do anythign at all. Shouldn't it change the slew rate of the DTM/TGP to "sweeten the lock"? I have tried both with the toggle button "TDC Action/no action toggle" and with the regular "TDC down (Action Position)", as well as both option turned on and off in the Special config tab. No luck. 

Is it bugged or am I missign something? 

I remember early on some years ago it used to work. 

Thanks

Windows 10 - Intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz (no OC) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8Gb - 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz) - SSD 500GB + WD Black FZEX 1TB 6Gb/s

Hey @bkthunder,

The action/no action modes of the slewing system works the following way :

No action : you slew without keeping the TDC depressed, as usual, regular slew rate, the designated point moves with the TPOD 

Action : you slew with the TDC depressed, the slew rate is higher, the designated point is not moving , only the TPOD. (I'm not 100% sure about that  last thing, i'll ask the devs for more precision)

For people without depressable tdc, the action/no action toggle enables one or the other mode at a toggle, without having to maintain the tdc down.

I'll come back here if i have more intel on this.

Cheers, 

Alpha

29 minutes ago, AlphaJuliet said:

Hey @bkthunder,

The action/no action modes of the slewing system works the following way :

No action : you slew without keeping the TDC depressed, as usual, regular slew rate, the designated point moves with the TPOD 

Action : you slew with the TDC depressed, the slew rate is higher, the designated point is not moving , only the TPOD. (I'm not 100% sure about that  last thing, i'll ask the devs for more precision)

For people without depressable tdc, the action/no action toggle enables one or the other mode at a toggle, without having to maintain the tdc down.

I'll come back here if i have more intel on this.

Cheers, 

Alpha

Yes that's how it should work, but in DCS the slew rate is always the same, pressed or not. Hence my question 😉

Windows 10 - Intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz (no OC) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8Gb - 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz) - SSD 500GB + WD Black FZEX 1TB 6Gb/s

Sorry to jump in here, but I think there are some misconceptions with how this was added in and it's functionality (whether it's even needed), but mainly with the communication provided with this feature.

From you're description of why it was added, "for the people with no TDC down", isn't exactly right. Those same people still need a button/switch/something to assign TDC down/action so the TDC action/no action toggle offers no help to them.

What TDC action/no action does - is makes it easier for EVERYONE to use added functionality.

What it also does is highlight the total miscommunication that's happened here.

Regardless of TDC action/no action toggle being added, what should have been put across more was that there is newTDC functionality that was not known, that being, being able to hold down the TDC button to slew without designating a target.

TDC action/no action toggle was just added to make using that functionality easier.

@bthunder: - try it with the DMT, there is definite speed change (not at home  so cannot confirm with T-POd)