What's causing this weird FPS dip in multiplayer almost every second?

Setup

• Reverb G2
  • i9 9900K
  • RTX 3080
  • 64GB
  • NVMe SSD
  • SteamVR 50% (I know it's ridiculously low but performance matters)

The game feels really smooth in general, but this kind of frame rate dip causes massive image desync when I move my head. I tried bare minimum graphic setting, but no hope. It's almost as if something is interfering DCS.

I started to notice this frustrating performance about 1 or 2 months ago. Performance was like a dream before that.

Any idea what could cause this or how I can identify the cause?

well you could start with FPSVr , but , what are your other settings, if you can't maintain frametimes to get to 45fps  with a 50% CRM in steam something is off, last time i saw something like this it was the LED software (mine was iCue) causing grief... 

Edited by speed-of-heat

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

22 minutes ago, speed-of-heat said:

well you could start with FPSVr , but , what are your other settings, if you can't maintain frametimes to get to 45fps  with a 50% CRM in steam something is off, last time i saw something like this it was the LED software (mine was iCue) causing grief... 

I tested every possible setting. SSAA and MSAA on and off. With MSAA off, average FPS is higher, but FPS dip still exists.

I uninstalled LED applications, yet there is not difference.

I agree with you. This kind of performance with 50% resolution is ridiculous. I remember about 2 months ago running full SSAA and MSAA with 80% SteamVR resolution with ease.

Did you check the services, one of those I had to stop , in my case it was lighting service?

I had to run the game and  ring up taste manger and look for apps that were using cpu time…

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg