Brilliant Map

Bossco82

I just bought the Channel Map in the sale today. As someone who has enjoyed the south of England often. This is a brilliant addition to my DCS collection. Flying along the coast in a P-51 or a Spitfire is just as much fun as being punched off the Supercarrier in the Tomcat. 

I genuinely just had a properly fun Sunday evening, first in ages. Even bagged a few 109's in the process.

• Like 8

Had it since relaese. I look forward to being able to run someday! 🙂

• Like 3

MSI Tomahawk X570 Mobo, Ryzen 5600X undervolted on Artic Freezer E34 Cooler, RTX3080 FE, 32GB (2x16GB Dual Ranked) GSkil 3600 CL16 Trident Neo RAM, 2X 4th Gen M2 SSDs, Corsair RM850x PSU, Lancool 215 Case. 

Gear: MFG Crosswinds, Warthog Throttle, Virpil T50CM gen 1 stick, TIR5, Cougar MFD (OOA), D-link H7/B powered USB 2.0 Hub all strapped to a butchered Wheel stand pro, Cushion to bang head on, wall to scream at.  

Yeah I can see your point with that. I'm running 1440p resolution and I had my 6800xt running at over 90% while circling low over the cliffs and town area's. That area puts a little more stress on the GPU than Syria.

Something to try though as I experimented with this. The buildings detail slider, turning that down to 0.6 did not effect the visuals too much at all. However my GPU usage went down to around 70%. You can adjust those slider "on the fly" while in the mission/game.

• Thanks 3

42 minutes ago, Bossco82 said:

Yeah I can see your point with that. I'm running 1440p resolution and I had my 6800xt running at over 90% while circling low over the cliffs and town area's. That area puts a little more stress on the GPU than Syria.

Something to try though as I experimented with this. The buildings detail slider, turning that down to 0.6 did not effect the visuals too much at all. However my GPU usage went down to around 70%. You can adjust those slider "on the fly" while in the mission/game.

Ill give it a go but sitting at Hawkinge in an empty mission at 55 fps doesnt fill me with hope 🙂

MSI Tomahawk X570 Mobo, Ryzen 5600X undervolted on Artic Freezer E34 Cooler, RTX3080 FE, 32GB (2x16GB Dual Ranked) GSkil 3600 CL16 Trident Neo RAM, 2X 4th Gen M2 SSDs, Corsair RM850x PSU, Lancool 215 Case. 

Gear: MFG Crosswinds, Warthog Throttle, Virpil T50CM gen 1 stick, TIR5, Cougar MFD (OOA), D-link H7/B powered USB 2.0 Hub all strapped to a butchered Wheel stand pro, Cushion to bang head on, wall to scream at.  

On 12/6/2021 at 2:20 PM, Bossco82 said:

That, my frend is a very good tip!  Even in the currently cronky 2.7.8 I can, at least, pleasure fly now.  In other maps ive found those sliders to be somewhat on/off but they seem made for the Channel. 

Thank you!

Again!

Edited by Boosterdog
sppullink thanks to a laggy wfi kyeorbad

No worries mate, I found it by total accident. Simply had a free hour to play about with it. Agreed flying downtown in Dubai the sliders dont have so much effect. Same for being low amongst trees in the Caucuses. However in the Channel and Syria map I noticed it improve the fps a lot without losing the detail too much.

If I set those to full ie, 1. I get around 55-62fps with my 6800xt and its running in the 90%+ zone too. If I set them to 0.6-0.75 I get a stable 60fps and my 6800xt is working around 75-85%. There is a train attack mission for the P-51 over the Channel, seems to be a good benchmark to use for performance.

• Thanks 1