F-105 Thunderchief

Mike Force Team

24 minutes ago, Manhorne said:

I am not into helicopters and of the 4 fixed wing that are present only the MiG-21 was a major player. The F-5E never was a big player outside of Third World Countries . Basically the same with the F-1. It was not a big player outside of the 3rd world and only saw service with France as the only Western country to use it which it did see combat in the late 80's into the 90's with them. I know there is a MiG-23 module in the works which would be a great addition but I would like to see more Western aircraft. The reality is with the F-105 ( after giving it much thought) we will never see it because its only combat was Vietnam and we will never get a Nam map for DCS. At least I do not see that happening in my life time.

I don't expect to see a Vietnam map either as it will be a system killer. However any Cold war gone hot scenario from 1958 to 1984 would have involved the Thud. DCS is a sand box, and looking at our current map set, I think Eagle took that term a little too literally. So if you think Eagle and the other developers should focus on the aircraft used in the current theaters, that would be fine. However we still need AI aircraft and more theaters. 

1 hour ago, Manhorne said:

I am not into helicopters and of the 4 fixed wing that are present only the MiG-21 was a major player.

OK, I was only trying to correct your "we do not have and will not get any 60's -70's era aircraft" statement  (and helos are aircrafts)

1 hour ago, upyr1 said:

We also have the MiG-19

I didn't mention it because it was a 50's aircraft and my post was refering to 60-70's aircrafts

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

A Thud is one of the aircraft I would like the most for DCS.  An aircraft that went into combat so hard and so long that half the fleet was lost. Who would not want something like that simulated? Especially since in many ways it is a 20 year older Viggen, with all the quirks that come with trying to cram as much brand new technology as possible into the airframe. The Phantom may be the well known Vietnam era aircraft, but the Thud carried the torch for many years before the Phantom started bombing.

37 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

OK, I was only trying to correct your "we do not have and will not get any 60's -70's era aircraft" statement  (and helos are aircrafts)

I didn't mention it because it was a 50's aircraft and my post was refering to 60-70's aircrafts

Like the Super Sabre it continued to serve well into the 1960s, and in the case of China the 1990s.