MonitorSetup LUA variables?

dlder

So, I've searched quite a bit; even combed through the various lua files in the game's directories, but I didn't find anything that would let me display instruments on my various LCD screens (= MFDs).

I've setup my Monitor lua file for my main monitor + 3 MFDs.

Side question: is it better (performance wise; it shouldn't matter, but who knows...) to setup the displays like this:

setupA.jpg

Or like this? (less wasted space)

setupB.jpg

Anyhow, what I'm looking for are the "special variables" like...

• LEFT_MFCD
  • KNEEBOARD
  • F14_HSD
  • F14_VDI

... or any other way, so that I can assign instruments to the LCDs the way I want.

For instance, on the F-15C (Flaming Cliffs 3 module), only my left LCD is displaying a screen (VSD)

F15C.jpg

What are the variables for the other screens/instruments, so that I can display them onto the LCDs? Like with the F-15C: MPCD and TEWS.

Thanks,
Hotshot

Edited by dlder
  • Like 1

Very good question, but there is no solution. 

15 hours ago, sobe said:

Nightstorm

I am flying the F15 module in FC3 and two issues have always been present from day one.  They are that the RWR and the MFD screens cannot be exported to a second monitor.  The radar view port can be exported to a second monitor.  I am wondering with your access to the MFD_Systems.lua, if there is any way that you can assist with this problem. 

Unfortunately, not.  There's nothing the the MFD_Systems.lua directly related to the functionality of those pages.  They are still embedded with the F15C avionics.   I too would like to be able and export those views.  I have three Cougar MFD's set up with screens and I know exactly what you're talking about.  Aside from the calls to select the SMS/RWR page on the left and right MFD and the RWR priority mode there's nothing in the MFD System that will allow for anything like that.  The only thing I can adjust is what OSB takes you back to the main menu page or to a different page.  There's another issue that those pages have no "dimmable" mode.  If you go into Night mode, they stay at full brightness.  The limits of the avionics.F15.png

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Some additional news related to this enhancement mod.  I spoke to Grinnelli this morning on Discord as I was interested in the ability to add these new pages to MFD's w/o having to replace an existing page.  Of course, that would require access to the MFD_Systems.lua file which is encrypted.

He showed me how the encryption process works and provided me an unencrypted copy of the file to add new pages to the MFD's.  The stipulation is that I re-encrypt the file prior to distribution.  @GrinnelliDesigns  I want to thank him for his assistance and for proving the file!

Now I should be able to figure out how to add additional pages to the MFD's as well as retain the original ones.  That sounds pretty cool to me!

*EDIT* Initial tests revealed a couple of issues that need to be resolved.  The code for the FCS modes is missing so that doesn't work for any of the FCS pages yet and for some reason, keyboard binding won't work with the unencrypted file.  This version appears to be an older copy as there were other aspects missing.  I've added a few back in but there are a couple of obstacles to overcome.

• Like 1

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Yes.  Viewports work in Ikarus, but you have to cut out space for them to show up on the second screen and then add the viewports to your monitor config page.