My review of DCS Black Shark

masonator

This is my very technical, very verbose review of DCS Black Shark:

<ahem>

If you were to take awesome, add it to some more awesome, multiply that by awesome, and then take that to the power of awesome, get that awesome married to some female awesome and have some awesome babies, make that awesome grow up with a training plan of awesome, then melt down all that awesome, distill it down to get rid of the less-than pure awesome so that you have just absolutely, unadulterated, crystal clear unfiltered awesome --- then you have DCS Black Shark.

I've not had this much fun playing a flight sim in....well....I've never had this much fun flying a flight sim. And I've not even fired a round yet.

:thumbup:

This is my very technical, very verbose review of DCS Black Shark:

<ahem>

If you were to take awesome, add it to some more awesome, multiply that by awesome, and then take that to the power of awesome, get that awesome married to some female awesome and have some awesome babies, make that awesome grow up with a training plan of awesome, then melt down all that awesome, distill it down to get rid of the less-than pure awesome so that you have just absolutely, unadulterated, crystal clear unfiltered awesome --- then you have DCS Black Shark.

I've not had this much fun playing a flight sim in....well....I've never had this much fun flying a flight sim. And I've not even fired a round yet.

:thumbup:

Ditto :pilotfly:

ha, I think the game is awesome so far as well, and I haven't fired a round yet, or even set the arm switch to "on". Been wasting a lot of tax payer rubles digging holes in the Earth with helicopters however. Great game and achievement, a step forward in flight simulators.

Stingray

ps. However, I can't say for certain Black Shark is the "most" fun I have had with flight simulators: I sure had a blast with Chuck Yeager's air combat when I was 10 :)

The level of detail is staggering and intimidating to say the least. Comparable to PMDG 747 and similar add on flight sim packages, no small feat.

Even though I will spend years mastering the Ka-50, I am gleefully anticipating a falcon, Frog, or Warthog module with the same level of detail. Heres for hoping.

Cheers

Awesome?

Yes I would say it is, I have been playing version 1.0 for over 60 hours on a midrange machine including single player and multiplayer and have not been hindered from having fun by a major bug or CTD one time yet, for a sim of this complexity that is really awesome!:thumbup:

Ask Jesus for Forgiveness before you takeoff :pilotfly:!

PC=Win 10 HP 64 bit, Gigabyte Z390, Intel I5-9600k, 32 gig ram, Nvidia 2060 Super 8gig video. TM HOTAS WARTHOG with Saitek Pedals

I've got to be honest, I was surprised at just how well done this sim actually is. The "build-quality" is amazing, and something that I wish all game designers would strive for. The flight model is staggeringly well done, and makes FSX look like something that EA would design. The realism is unbelievable as well, and graphically the game is pretty good.

Yes, this game took a while to release, but man was it ever worth the wait. I've just bought a trackir 4, and will be buying a set of Saitek rudder pedals tonight just to round out the experience.

My hat goes off to ED/FC. Not only have they created a fantastic sim that will no doubt go into the sim hall of fame, but they have created a superb piece of software that demonstrates the level of quality that that every piece of software should stride for.

It's rare to see such a positive forum!

It is very hard to believe that a "game" especially one as complex as this could be this good in its first version release.

I have never played a simulation that comes anywhere near even approaching the quality of DCS Blackshark.

Awesome :)

I cant agree more. All my hopes and expections have easly ben mett. I expected the graphics to be old but are still stunning and work very well.

Great job ED/DCS and all Beta testers.:notworthy::notworthy:

Home built PC Win 10 Pro 64bit, MB ASUS Z170 WS, 6700K, EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid, 32GB DDR4 3200, Thermaltake 120x360 RAD, Custom built A-10C sim pit, TM WARTHOG HOTAS, Cougar MFD's, 3D printed UFC and Saitek rudders. HTC VIVE VR.

https://digitalcombatmercenaries.enjin.com/

This sim with Tracker IR is unbelievable! I try to avoid using external view when lining up for a landing etc. I simply pop my head up and peek out the side of the door (sounds get louder when the door opens...more peircing and not so muffled engine scream)

I know it's not the best time in the world to invest in something like Tracker IR, but wow it makes this sim 100000x more immersive.

This sim with Tracker IR is unbelievable! I try to avoid using external view when lining up for a landing etc. I simply pop my head up and peek out the side of the door (sounds get louder when the door opens...more peircing and not so muffled engine scream)

I know it's not the best time in the world to invest in something like Tracker IR, but wow it makes this sim 100000x more immersive.

Is that actually possible? To look outside the door with TiR?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The sim supports 6 degree of freedom so you can "stand up" and you will see over the nose more. And if you also stand up and move to the side with your head you will see outside the window and down much easier. This way you can land much better.

I dont think you can move your head really outside the door(?) but with it open you see even more down than with it closed during this TrackIR move. Since the armoured sides of the kamov takes up a lot of FOV.

Regards

Alex "Snuffer" D.

AMD FX8350 (8 core) 4.1GHZ ::: 8GB Dominator 1600mhz ::: GTX660 2GB ::: 2xHD ::: 24" ASUS

The sim supports 6 degree of freedom so you can "stand up" and you will see over the nose more. And if you also stand up and move to the side with your head you will see outside the window and down much easier. This way you can land much better.

I dont think you can move your head really outside the door(?) but with it open you see even more down than with it closed during this TrackIR move. Since the armoured sides of the kamov takes up a lot of FOV.

That is SO COOL!

yes this SIM is the new bench mark in both terms of complexity of system modeling as well as sheer bloody stability- no issues what so ever so far and the performance has been extremely good on my system.

It was very much worth the wait and I just wonder what a fixed wing aircraft will be like done to these exacting standards- to use a common phrase around her no doubt more Awesomeness!