Problem with X56 throttle

Assamita

Hi everyone.

I have some issues with my Logitech X56 throttle device. I have several things bound to it (IDLE on and off, landing gear, flaps, comms...), and I noticed that every single button bound in the throttle randomly clicks (so for instance it would shut down the plane because it turns the idle off, or pulls up and down the gear midflight randomly, turns the comms menu on and off, etc. As you can imagine, it's super annoying (and even makes it unflyable). Another annoying issue is that eventually will also move the thrust to afterburner. It usually happens when I'm still starting up the plane and with the brakes on. So there's definitely something wrong with it.

At first I thought it was because I have both the throttle and the stick plugged into a USB hub, though the stick works normally, so I tried plugging the throttle in the front USB port (the back ones in my setup are not easily accessible as I have it inside a custom made table), and that seemed to work a bit better, though the thrust thing still happened then, so I need to do some more tests this way.

Do you have any idea what could be the issue? 

I also have another issue, not related to the HOTAS though, that it's also constantly giving me the message "Trackir device plugged" and "Trackir device unplugged". I used a DIY trackir with opentrack a long time ago (and it worked perfectly) but I haven't for a long time, so I don't know why it's doing this now. Also, the trackir itself was not plugged, just the webcam I used for it. And even if I unplug the cam, as I don't need it anymore, it still tells me that. I even tryied disabling the trackir column in the controls screen. Do you know how can I get rid of those messages?

Thank you

The ghost input problem on X56 throttles is a known issue. I had the same issue. What helped me was connecting the throttle to a powered USB hub and even then I can't connect any other device to that hub.

The throttle is a very power hungry device... But when you resolve the power issue, it will serve you well for many years to come.

i7 8700K water cooled | GTX 1080ti water cooled | 16GB DDR4 3600 | 1TB M.2 | X56 Hotas | Acer VR HMD

Thank you, I'll try that. I tried plugging it in a front usb port and that seemed to get rid of the issues with the buttons, but the thrust going up to afterburner is still happening. 

The most annoying thing now is the Input device TrackIR plugged and unplugged messages. 

If that fails, another solution (while not elegant - does work as a workaround) is to have all the buttons on your throttle mapped with a mod button as well on your stick.

So - in order for a switch to work / be recognised in DCS - it will only work if you're holding down the designated MOD button on your joystick while flicking the switch.

I had the same problem you're experiencing, and went to this - until I finally got so over the X56's issues that I went out and purchased a CM3 instead.

Re trackir - I have no idea sorry.

• 6 months later...

I am pulling this up. I bought a X56 and I have a problem of which I do not know if it is related to this. I do not have a problem with the throttle randomly activating any keys, but rather with the ingame throttle position randomly changing from full thrust to idle and to positions in between in very short intervalls. Sometimes it disappears all of a sudden. When I look into the Joystick settings, everything is fine, and sometimes it seems to help to Alt-Tab and then get back into the game. Tried all sorts of USB-Connectivity, problem still is there. 

• 6 months later...