ILS in manual mode

ivo

hi everyone, F-18 has 20 preset channels for ILS how can I see the preset frequency for each channel?  also I tried to manually set the channel 111,50 but it always gives an error, how do you manually enter the ILS of the land bases?

bye

cpu:I7-6700k Z170 16GB Ram DDR4 Gtx 1080 8Gb DDR5 11GBs SSD 500 Gb 2 HDD 1Tb Evga supernova G2 850w Case Bequiet series 800 Silent base Win 10 pro 64 bit

My wishlist: F-35/B-17G/F4U Corsair/Yak-3/P-40B Tomahawk

The ILS in the F-18 is really a ICLS, and not compatible with land based ILS

Edited by speed-of-heat

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

ok thank for your support.

bye

cpu:I7-6700k Z170 16GB Ram DDR4 Gtx 1080 8Gb DDR5 11GBs SSD 500 Gb 2 HDD 1Tb Evga supernova G2 850w Case Bequiet series 800 Silent base Win 10 pro 64 bit

My wishlist: F-35/B-17G/F4U Corsair/Yak-3/P-40B Tomahawk

I think in the real world you can put a portable ICLS at a field , and if you search there are  some in game mods to allow it

• Like 1

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

4 hours ago, speed-of-heat said:

I think in the real world you can put a portable ICLS at a field , and if you search there are  some in game mods to allow it

There is no such thing as "portable ILS". Airbases where Navy Hornets land/operate they have ICLS installed on land. But installation ILS/ICLS is a long complicated process with dozens of tests and tuning. You can't just drive a truck on the base and set it up.

27 minutes ago, Foka said:

There is no such thing as "portable ILS". Airbases where Navy Hornets land/operate they have ICLS installed on land. But installation ILS/ICLS is a long complicated process with dozens of tests and tuning. You can't just drive a truck on the base and set it up.

Sorry to be the "ackchyually" guy, but you are wrong. You should read up on the USAF Deployable ILS system. Long story short: In 2011 Northrop Grumman was given a contract for the development of a deployable ILS  system that could fit in a C-130, and be deployed within a few days. Then the project was cancelled due to budget cuts, and then given to Thales/Wilcox a few years later.

Edited by drPhibes
  • Like 2

Thanks for the info, didn't know about D-ILS, but...

As I did some digging, first units&training where delivered in 2019. In 2021 it's still cosidered a new system and is introduced to new parts of US military.

As we know DCS's newest modules are based on planes from years 2000-2010. So still D-ILS wouldn't be correct for DCS.

PS And still this is D-ILS, not D-ICLS, and US Hornets doesn't have ILS.
PS2 IMHO ED should implement canadian Hornets (we have liveries) with option to choose in mission editor to use ILS or ICLS. It shouldn't be to much effort.

Maybe when we have luck:

Hi guys, a few notes:

1- To be an authentic USN Hornet, we have no plans for ILS, only ICLS.

2- Doing in IFR approach using an offset TCN or placing a wypt on the runway threshold is quite easy. I'll try to do an academic video of this.

3- Later, when resources allow, we'll see about adding an ICLS ground station option.

On 12/8/2021 at 11:26 PM, Foka said:

PS2 IMHO ED should implement canadian Hornets (we have liveries) with option to choose in mission editor to use ILS or ICLS. It shouldn't be to much effort.

There's more to CF-188 than just ILS Vs ICLS. It would take a lot of work to make one from the other.

Also afaik the newest modules in DCS are more like ~2015 range. Harrier I know is at least 2012, probably several years later. Hog is 2012+ aswell

476th Discord   |    476th Website    |    Swift Youtube
Ryzen 5800x, RTX 4070ti, 64GB, Quest 2

It sounds like the easier solution is to have something like the AN/TPN-22, and then have an 'activate ICLS' command, exactly like ship, aircraft and the TTS 3030 TACAN, and then we can have land based ICLS on the Hornet.

The same can be said for RSBN/PRMG.

• Like 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

30 minutes ago, Weasel said:

Maybe we will have to wait for a F/A-18C Hornet 2 for a proper ILS implementation emoji6.pngemoji28.png

I mean, the Hornet itself is fine, it's missing assets that are the issue.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

1 hour ago, IvanK said:

RAAF FA18A from the last century 🙂 circa 1985 VOR/ILS/DME options down the Left hand side of the HI

I think every export version of the Hornet has ILS and VOR capability and only the US version is limited to ICLS. Which makes sense, seeing as we're the only ones that fly them off carriers. 

You guys have to remember what they’re modeling. A Lot 20 US Navy aircraft. Boeing, under the contract, only made 20 which were produced for the USN(10) and another 10 for the RCAF.

As a Avionics maintainer with experience on both, I can affirmatively point out that yes, Navy Hornets only had ICLS systems installed (only ability to use channels and not frequencies). There is a possibility of swapping out the system for a ILS (we do this with our Growlers that do not deploy to the boat and of course the Blue Angels as they were former frontline Super Hornets) but only under specific circumstances. It’s not an everyday or easy thing to do. Different boxes, different antenna (different waveforms etc) and of course testing to make sure everything works.

RCAF aircraft had the ILS system installed and different software to use frequency capability and selection options that are shown in the above posts with the AMPCD. Every export customer had their own software build depending on their negotiated contracts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 4