Tips and Tricks MiG-21Bis

CrazyGman

9 hours ago, dfpoor said:

Gorgeous video.  I don't play online, I almost didn't watch.  But these tips obviously apply to SP as well.  What is your kill ratio?

Depends on the situation and a number of factors like if there is a human GCI (on either team) and who I'm flying against, and how disaplined i'm being. When I just do air to air 2:1 to 3:1 is pretty normal. Good days it's 4:1 5:1.

Dogfighting, while fun is a great way to get killed. Your basically anchored in one area putting on a fireworks show. If your 1 on 1 or have numbers advantage it works, as long as you can finish before enemy reinforcements arrive baut as soon as you engage in it without the numbers on your side you will catch a missile. The best way to get kills is the traditional way. Sneak up behind them without them noticing and shoot them in the back.

Most things that kill me in multiplayer is me flying recklessly into bad situations, trying to get more kills. As stated in the video I only take 4 air to air missiles, but I find taking more effects your performance noticeably and usually I will run out of fuel before I run out of missiles, with taking 4,by the time i'm at 1000L of fuel which is typically my Bingo setting, I'm down to 0-1 missiles and have scored 1-3 kills. If I take 6 then I'll have 2-3 left often and will be tempted to stay longer then my fuel will allow.

Edited by CrazyGman
  • Like 1

Thank you - great video and presentation. 

• Like 1

MSI Tomahawk X570 Mobo, Ryzen 5600X undervolted on Artic Freezer E34 Cooler, RTX3080 FE, 32GB (2x16GB Dual Ranked) GSkil 3600 CL16 Trident Neo RAM, 2X 4th Gen M2 SSDs, Corsair RM850x PSU, Lancool 215 Case. 

Gear: MFG Crosswinds, Warthog Throttle, Virpil T50CM gen 1 stick, TIR5, Cougar MFD (OOA), D-link H7/B powered USB 2.0 Hub all strapped to a butchered Wheel stand pro, Cushion to bang head on, wall to scream at.