M06 - Timing, Switchblade position

m4ti140

• ED Team

Two issues with this mission, one minor, one major

1. Mother doesn't arrive at WP4 on time, they're around 0.75 to 1 minute late. Using TOT to arrive at WP4 at exactly 08:00 causes the whole sequence to play out a minute too early.

2. The rescue helicopter hovers on the approach path, sometimes almost exactly at the glideslope and course. Although the mission itself is not of "strategic" importance this is a bit of a serious issue, as it causes AI to go around, sometimes several times, and the chopper might cut the player off too. I imagine this mission was created before the ground follow function for helicopters was introduced - this is a good place to apply this enhancement I suppose.

Track: https://1drv.ms/u/s!ArMDWm49dN3Cgt9DcYwCKXtaM6MUJQ?e=XtNJGL

• 1 month later...

Hey,

Just played mission 6 as well. About point 1, I don't think Mother is supposed to arrive at WPT4 at 0800. I think the idea is that you have to plan your flight to be able to arrive at Mother at 0800. I used quick mental math and the TCN distance and it honestly works well. I think I left WPT3 exactly at 0753 and then flown pretty much at 350IAS cutting the WPT3 corner short by couple of miles.

I think WPT4 is there mainly for you after the pass to contact Marshal and start the recovery to the ship.

fumap

MY SYTEM: Intel i9-12900K / Asus Maximus Z690 Apex / 32Gb Corsair Vengeance 5600MHz DDR5 / Asus TUF RTX3080Ti OC / DCS on Intel 900p 480GB / Watercooling loop based on EKWB - Triple 360 Rad