Transfer Module from Steam to Standalone

stanknic

Just refund the pre-order on Steam, and buy it from the DCS homepage when you transfer to the stand-alone version. 

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

• 5 weeks later...
On 12/8/2021 at 9:28 AM, Lurker said:

Just refund the pre-order on Steam, and buy it from the DCS homepage when you transfer to the stand-alone version. 

Not required. As hmleao also pointed out, you can transfer licences from Steam to DCS via DCS home page - Profile > Edit / Delete > Steam Account | [GET LICENCES].
Given your steam account is linked, it'll retrieve any available licences, and give you the option to transfer.

I've bought a number of modules via Steam for the standalone version that way, as I didn't have easy access to a credit card.

Edited by Alighierian

• 2 weeks later...

Pre-orders themselves are not transferrable, but once the module is released they are able to be transferred precisely as mentioned above. Nothing to necessarily worry about, and refunding/rebuying is also far from a necessity.

2920X | 128GB 3200MHz CL14 | RTX 2070 | Gentoo/Win10
Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind v3 | TrackIR 5/VIVE Pro
Sparkle | Δ/DSM | DEAD/STRIKE/CSAR

steam.png nootshell | discord.png nootshell#9001

1 hour ago, MAXsenna said:

One does not "transfer" the licenses from Steam, right? It just makes them available for the Standalone. True? 

yes, correct. What you actually do is to have the ED Store bind the Steam putchases onto your ED account. Then you still have to install those modules on the stand-alone DCS.

Edited by Rudel_chw
  • Like 2

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB