Jester uses wrong coordinates for INS alignment after landing and repair

Balu0

Is this a bug or a feature not yet implemented?

If I fly solo in multiplayer mission and land at a different airbase than I started from, shut down, repair, then start up again Jester will punch in the original base or boat position again and messing up the navigation making the jet unusable.

Is there a workaround for this ? Since it is on a multiplayer server I can't switch to the RIO and fix it manually. 

I feel like there should be a Jester menu or kneeboard option to update the starting position to the current position.

• Like 2

General Nerd :pirate:

Intel I5 4ghz, 16Gb Ram, GTX1070, Saitek X55 HOTAS

1 hour ago, iantron said:

Hmm, you could try manually setting the home base steerpoint first. That's just a guess that he uses it for field alignment though.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Good idea, I will try it next time. But in the kneeboard the initial coordinates that Jester always uses are a different waypoint that is not the selectable wp1 2 3 hb dp st but an extra one. 

General Nerd :pirate:

Intel I5 4ghz, 16Gb Ram, GTX1070, Saitek X55 HOTAS

Interesting. Tactically pinging @Super Grover. We will take a look. Thank you for letting us know!

Edited by IronMike
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

• 2 months later...
21 hours ago, HeavyGun1450 said:

Also, can we get a realignment option in the jester menu while on the ground? Sometimes jester flat out refuses to align the ins after a shutdown or repair.

This, PLUS just give us all the proper alignment crew coordination options: Fixed Point requires Pilot and RIO.  AWACS/Datalink Align. and Re-align on the deck/ground. 

Its really frustrating having to get a new plane every flight because you have pulled G's and now your INS is off by 5-10 miles from datalink

On 2/14/2022 at 2:15 PM, DoorMouse said:

This, PLUS just give us all the proper alignment crew coordination options: Fixed Point requires Pilot and RIO.  AWACS/Datalink Align. and Re-align on the deck/ground. 

Its really frustrating having to get a new plane every flight because you have pulled G's and now your INS is off by 5-10 miles from datalink

Awesome point, yeah flying one sortie then coming back and rearming and flying back out to only realize your INS is off several miles and is practically useless is absolutely infuriating. We absolutely need a option to tell jester to realign on the ground. Amazing that nobody has responded to this so far.

Edited by HeavyGun1450