CM3 Flaps Lever / Continuous Clicking Sound for P-51 Flaps

Fakum

*** I posted the following over in the P-51 section, anticipating this might be an issue directly related to the P-51, but it apparently is not, and I was not able to resolve it here:

I have a Virpil CM3 throttle, and I assigned its "Flaps" lever to the P-51 "Flaps" binding under Axis Commands. It works nicely from full open to full closed, but if I place the lever in any position just before full open or closed, I get a continuous, very rapid cycling sound of the increment clicking. When I go full open or closed, the rapid clicking stops? Again, it functions fine otherwise. I have tried making making it a "Slider" as well within the Axis controls options. I have NO MODS enabled, and I even tried a FULL DCS repair today without resolve, and there are no conflicting keybinding settings to my knowledge.  Any help would be appreciated. Im on the latest Open Beta Version. changing the RZ axis offset from True to False had no impact?

image.png

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

Ok, 42 views with no response so far,,, maybe I should have noted that I realize that the Flaps lever in the P-51 is a Step control, and with each position change, these is a step clicking sound, and that is the root cause of this, I just dont know how to address it? Others that had responded in the P-51 thread indicated that they have assigned their axis to control the flaps, and it works fine, but they are using a different manufacturers Throttle, so i assume this is a configuration matter?

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

1 hour ago, Fakum said:

Ok, 42 views with no response so far,,, maybe I should have noted that I realize that the Flaps lever in the P-51 is a Step control, and with each position change, these is a step clicking sound, and that is the root cause of this, I just dont know how to address it? Others that had responded in the P-51 thread indicated that they have assigned their axis to control the flaps, and it works fine, but they are using a different manufacturers Throttle, so i assume this is a configuration matter?

Is it an option to axis multiple fases... like full is 100-80%, 3/4 flaps is 81-60%,  etc?

I think it is a standard option in the Virpil software and I know I used somewhere... haven't been flying much lately though.

Edited by Double Dutch

-----

Don't practise till you got it right.

Practise till you don't do it wrong

Yeah, so there is a section you can set the axis to button presses, but I wonder if that is the right path? I would expect that to impact the Flaps function for the P-47 for example if I do that?

image.png

Unless I am missing something, there are no other keybindings available for the Flaps other then Up or Down? I will check out that video,,, thanks.

image.png

• 2 years later...