Quick Mission generation freezes PC

lockard.j

Every time I try to edit a generated mission I get a hard PC freeze.  I have to restart the PC with an ATX power shutdown and no logs are generated by DCS as it seems to freeze to the point they cannot be generated. 

I click Quick Mission > Advanced > generate mission.  No matter what options I choose for the map, weather, time player or mission options it freezes at either 2% generated or 10% generated.  (changing mission parameters seems to make it change, but 2% and 10% are the only percentages it has frozen at).   I can ctrl+alt+del and open task manager but the taskman window title bar turns grey immediately as if something else is stealing 'focus'.  CPU usage of DCS hovers between ~26-35% and memory usage of DCS.exe stops changing whatsoever at this point.  Other processes seem to be running, but cannot be focused or interacted with via keyboard or mouse. The windows key is also inoperative at this point, only ctrl+alt+del seems to work other interrupts such as Win+tab, ALT+tab and CTRL+SHIFT+ESC do not respond when it is locked up. 

Is there anything I can check or other log files to look through?  I have re-installed Windows 10 and have ONLY DCS, Thrustmaster T.A.R.G.E.T., Google Chrome, Steam and Discord installed on the PC at this point.  I have tried generating missions with all of these shut down. 

• 2 months later...