few things that could make this simulator simpler and better and possibly get more players

CaptainRamrod1

8 minutes ago, SharpeXB said:

I don’t think ED should devote their scant resources towards things that can be done by the uses or community. 

Alright, then give the people who make them enough money to live off of, because at some point they're just going to go "Yeah, this isn't worth my time any more" and stop updating those things. ED on the other hand does have the resources, limited though they may be, to make and maintain the QOL updates that people keep wanting.

As for DCS being a niche title... does it have to remain that way? Why not open it up to more people who will spend money on new modules?

• Like 2

On 12/13/2021 at 10:27 AM, SharpeXB said:

ED shouldn’t spend any time or effort managing mods. The whole deal with mods is that they’re mods. You’re on your own with this stuff since it’s all outside the game. 

Can't you provide any positive feedback on these threads? You crap on anything someone suggests that could improve DCS' usability. If your response to

On 12/13/2021 at 9:22 AM, Tank50us said:

Alternatively, ED could create a nexus of sorts where all mods get uploaded, and when someone wishes to download a mod, it's coming from a secure location. Then, when there's an update to that mod, it gets uploaded to that nexus, and the game updates the mod for you. The problem with the 3rd Party Programs is that it's all manual. You have to initiate the check, or update the mod yourself, and that's even assuming you know that there is an update to it. So why not have a system made by ED that makes it as easy as: 1. Select Mod. 2. Install mod. 3. Enjoy mod.

Had been something like why not work with Nexus, it would save Eagle the time and effort of managing their own mod page, you would have at least provided something positive. 

https://www.nexusmods.com/dcsworld

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Tank50us said:

Alright, then give the people who make them enough money to live off of, because at some point they're just going to go "Yeah, this isn't worth my time any more" and stop updating those things. ED on the other hand does have the resources, limited though they may be, to make and maintain the QOL updates that people keep wanting.

As for DCS being a niche title... does it have to remain that way? Why not open it up to more people who will spend money on new modules?

The EULA has very clear
https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/license/

Edited by Silver_Dragon

45 minutes ago, upyr1 said:

Can't you provide any positive feedback on these threads?

Many the Wishlist items are asking ED to just spin their wheels. 
Consider the many years it takes for Eagle Dynamics to release any actual content for the game before suggesting these things. It seems ridiculous. You guys act like they have nothing else to work on. 

59 minutes ago, Tank50us said:

Alright, then give the people who make them enough money to live off of

Anyone can be a 3rd party contributor as far as I know. But modders by definition are doing this on their own without direct compensation. I’m sure most of them want it that way vs the pressure of having paying customers. And some do in fact accept donations. 

Edited by SharpeXB

i9-13900K @ 6.2GHz oc | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

32 minutes ago, SharpeXB said:

Nearly all the Wishlist items are asking ED to just spin their wheels.

No. They are just asking ED to do things you have no interest in, and for that reason and that reason alone, you take it upon yourself to troll those thread in spite of repeatedly being told by the mod to stop doing so because your input has no meaning or value.

32 minutes ago, SharpeXB said:

Consider the many years it takes for Eagle Dynamics to release any actual content for the game before suggesting these things.

Most of the things you are on a holy quest to crap on are things that would drastically increase ED's — and everyone else's — ability to create that content. This has been explained to you in full on multiple occasions, and unless you have deliberately chosen to ignore this well-established fact, you know this by now. So that's not the reason you're doing this.

And don't try that “3rd party can do it” nonsense. You know as well as everyone else that you complain about those suggestions as well. Anything that's suggested that does not directly affect you, or anything that removes some perceived advantage you have to make the game more equitable, approachable, and interesting to more players, you start trolling the hell out of it.

Your posting in the wishlist section is worthless, pointless, useless, baseless, bereft of any and all understanding or insight into how DCS works, and wholly  ignorant of the ecosystem and community that exists around it. There are easier ways of getting the ban points to rack up, you know, if that's the end goal you're after. And it's either that, or you're actively trying to ruin DCS and ED's business. Either way, go away. Your presence is a net negative to the forum and the game.

Edited by Tippis
  • Like 3

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

1 hour ago, SharpeXB said:

Nearly all the Wishlist items are asking ED to just spin their wheels. 
Consider the many years it takes for Eagle Dynamics to release any actual content for the game before suggesting these things. It seems ridiculous.

I know it takes a while to do anything when it comes to software development. However ED knows a lot better than you do, what their resources are like and are able to make their own decisions about what ideas look worth while and what would be a waste.  They don't need you screaming about how much you don't want something. 

Edited by upyr1

6 minutes ago, upyr1 said:

However ED knows a lot better than you do

They know better than anyone here. It’s their business. Many of the wish list items are things they are perfectly aware of and if it was profitable for them to include, would already be in the game. 

i9-13900K @ 6.2GHz oc | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

4 minutes ago, SharpeXB said:

They know better than anyone here. It’s their business.

…so, again, your constant whinging and trolling is useless and worthless, and the mods have told you so on multiple occasions.

So why are you so incapable of listening to them and, ultimately, to yourself?

• Like 2

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

Just now, SharpeXB said:

They know better than anyone here. It’s their business. Many of the wish list items are things they are perfectly aware of and if it was profitable for them to include, would already be in the game. 

Just because something is not in the game yet, doesn't mean that they aren't thinking about it or that they won't believe that is a good idea to have it. Bottom line, we really don't need you being a winey Oedipus. This is the wishlist we know some ideas won't be implemented and some will be

• ED Team

Please cut out the bickering. 

Wish list area is a place to share your ideas and wishes for DCS. 

The team often read them, we get ideas and feedback from here often, but we can not promise anything, we have limited resources and projects already in progress that have to be finished. All of our teams are very busy, from the core teams to the modules so we have to be careful what ideas and projects we take on. 

thanks

• Like 5

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

10 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

Please cut out the bickering. 

Wish list area is a place to share your ideas and wishes for DCS. 

The team often read them, we get ideas and feedback from here often, but we can not promise anything, we have limited resources and projects already in progress that have to be finished. All of our teams are very busy, from the core teams to the modules so we have to be careful what ideas and projects we take on. 

thanks

thanks for stepping in, I believe that most of us understand this is how things work. it is just certain people who I think can't grasp this idea.

• Like 2

I agree with most of the ideas here.
As for the OP, there are reasons ED cannot ad the unofficial highend modules to the core, and that could also limit the hosting of various mods like SilverDragon mentioned.

What I would like to see is an official launcher, similar to Skatezilla's super excellent one.
It could include:
Options to adjust every setting "offline" with many more savable presets for 2D/VR/Maps etc.
Multiple ways to reset various settings (resolution/FOV anyone?), so one doesn't have to tinker/delete luas, very nice for new users.
A built in mod manager like OvGME/Open Mod Manager, and support for repositories not necessarily hosted by ED, to avoid copyright/out of date mods. That Nexus thing seemed interesting too.
Even though is not high on my list anymore, like suggested above, I would welcome an easier way for new users to setup controls and have a default scheme(s), that can be applied over various modules. Axis settings in particular. Conflict warning?
Easier way to handle multiple screens, with drag and drop of sensors/MFDs, controls indicator, kneeboard etc.
For else, just "steal" what Skatezilla already have in his.

I love these wishlist threads, as most people join in with super cool ideas for the SIM's benefit.

Today's prize goes to ED moderators and HeatBlur for explicitly encouraging that!
Cheers everyone! Keep'em coming!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

• Like 2

• ED Team
1 hour ago, SharpeXB said:

You are a common denominator in these threads when they start getting reported. Please, to everyone, including you, wishlist threads are ideas individuals would like to see, you do not need to change their mind, or trash their idea, as I have said many times, if you don't like the idea, don't support it by no posting to it.

There are no wrong ideas in a wishlist thread, obviously they wont all get done either. 

Thanks

• Like 7

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png