Polychop Christmas Update 2021

Thanks a lot for this dev update! It's great to hear from you guys again :thumbup:
I hope this stops all the annoying rumors that are circling within the DCS community!

I wish all the best for your coder and the rest of the team! Take all the time you need!
I will be patentily looking forward to get my hands on the Kiowa :joystick:

Edited by QuiGon
  • Like 8

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Really hoping for this module and can`t wait to get it !

Carry on bro ! 

Please always remember the concern from the community is based on our love and passion, maybe during your dark days we show some unfriendly .

So sorry for that , just remember the community is always with you 

The dream of sky

Thanks for the update, and good luck with the recovery process! 

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

Does the plan to remove the hardpoints mean we'll be able to civilianise the Gazelle? The version with the best forward view (and no anti-tank avionics) is the one with the minigun - so if we can remove the minigun it'll create an excellent multi-purpose helicopter.

Fingers crossed and pls to check, during the test, tha model in VR mode also. :thumbup:

• Like 1

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Thanks for the open and honest update. I was, as many, wondering what happened since there were no updates in a while, but this explains it all. Being in a medical condition pretty much sucks (I know that much too well...) and all I can do is wish all the best for that team member. Meanwhile I'll wait patiently for the module as well as the Gazelle FM update. We'll be getting there. Take your time to make things right and don't let things bring you down. Keep on rockin'!

• Like 2

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

It is good to hear that we are still alive with the OH-58D and Gazelle.

It would be fantastic to get both of these light weight attack choppers into DCS proper and fully modelled!

I am looking forward to a future of diverse Polychops choppers.... and hopefully an Eurocopter is in there somewhere.

Merry Christmas Polychops and a happy new year!

• Like 1

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

Yes Merry Christmas All.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

"

• Gun binding issue solved (now you have a new binding "Minigun Fire")"

Where is the minigun fire control from patch notes? Computer with the lua file for it crashed?

Edited by zaelu

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

• 2 weeks later...

Good news, and glad to hear your staff are okay and things are back on track, but the mast mounted sight not being guaranteed is a bit worrying. This is a key component of the OH-58 as it is also where the laser designator sits and being able to lase targets for other aircraft like the upcoming AH-64, or for Hellfires launched by the OH-58 itself is a fairly fundamental purpose of the OH-58.

The MMS is really required for this aircraft to meet it's potential in DCS as a scout/forward operator that can work well with other aircraft, so I hope you're able to keep it in as it feels a bit pointless otherwise.

• 4 weeks later...

Best wishes for the coder and all the team.  I was hoping for an Early Access, but with the comments that I've seen around that< i completely understand why not.  Ofcourse, I'm one of those people that play Star Citizen (ALPHA at best), so what can I say.

----------------

AKA_Clutter

Win 10 Pro, Intel i7 8700k @4.6 GHz, EVGA RTX 3080  FTW, Ultra 64 GB G.Skill DDR4 3600 RAM, Acer 27" flat screen, Oculus Rift S, HP Reverb G2, CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle and Pro Rudder Pedals HOTAS, TM Warthog HOTAS, MFG Rudder Pedals, TrackIR 5 Pro w/Vector Expansion, PointCTRL.

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...