Which year does the current Razbam M2000 reflect?

Volator

Hi,

While the specific aircraft modeled would represent a late 2010' update IIRC, the aircraft remained mostly the same since its introduction in the late 80'.

From the first Mirage 2000C with RDI radar to the current ones still flown today, only some rather minor improvements were made to the avionics (decoy launcher indicator panel, waypoint increment/decrement buttons...), NCTR was added to the radar for the Kosovo war, and the latest update in the mid 2010' was to update the cockpit for NVG use.

TLDR: The aircraft can will correctly reflect the capabilities of a Mirage 2000C RDI from the late 80' up until today.

Edited by myHelljumper
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 7

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

8 hours ago, Mike_CK said:

I love the mirage but only 2 fox 1s and two fox-2s is tough. I know it was an interceptor…just makes it a tough play in MP 

That's how the Mirage 2000C still operates today IRL.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

9 hours ago, Mike_CK said:

Was (is) the Mirage 2000C able to carry any fox-3 missiles? Or just the later Mirage 2000-5?

I love the mirage but only 2 fox 1s and two fox-2s is tough. I know it was an interceptor…just makes it a tough play in MP 

As said above, the Mirage 2000C RDI only operated with Super 530D and MAGIC II missiles (IIRC it is compatible with MAGIC I also) and could only carry 4 missiles total.

We can't compromise the realism of the module to be more "competitive" in multiplayer.

In a period accurate environnement (late 80' and 90'), Soviet/Russian aircraft were mostly using SARH and IR guided missiles and for US aircraft, AIM-120A/B were available but only in small number and not compatible with every aircraft. In this context, the Mirage 2000C RDI is not the best aircraft available but it's still dangerous.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

1 hour ago, myHelljumper said:

We can't compromise the realism of the module to be more "competitive" in multiplayer.

This!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

3 hours ago, Steph21 said:

Actually no, 530D have been retired long ago. M2000C carry only Magics as AA missiles today (and for several years now).

Oh wow, that's even worse 😄

Apparently it's still in use with Italian neo nazi gangs though
:music_whistling:

Edited by QuiGon

Tornado3 small.jpg

On 12/11/2021 at 4:21 PM, Steph21 said:

Actually no, 530D have been retired long ago. M2000C carry only Magics as AA missiles today (and for several years now).

2012 😉

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

On 12/11/2021 at 7:35 PM, QuiGon said:

Oh wow, that's even worse 😄

Apparently it's still in use with Italian neo nazi gangs though
:music_whistling:

Apparently, the missile was properly demilitarized. So the Italian Police just seized a collectible item. 😅

Apparently, it's easier to do in Switzerland ! Same origin: demilitarized Qatari Super 530F.
Insolite: Il décore sa maison avec des missiles - Le Matin

And for the record, Matra R530 isn't the same missile as Matra Super 530F or Super 530D.
THERE ISN'T ANY Matra R530D or Super R530 !

• Like 1

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

36 minutes ago, jojo said:

Apparently, the missile was properly demilitarized. So the Italian Police just seized a collectible item. 😅

Apparently, it's easier to do in Switzerland ! Same origin: demilitarized Qatari Super 530F.
Insolite: Il décore sa maison avec des missiles - Le Matin

And for the record, Matra R530 isn't the same missile as Matra Super 530F or Super 530D.
THERE ISN'T ANY Matra R530D or Super R530 !

Lol, I didn't know about the one in Switzerland! 😄

Tornado3 small.jpg

9 hours ago, Kercheiz said:

In 2020, a live one was found in the US...

https://theaviationist.com/2020/08/20/live-french-matra-super-530-air-to-air-missile-discovered-at-lakeland-linder-international-airport/

(Edit : in the article comments, there is a Jo Jo 😅)

It isn't "a Jo Jo", this THE Jojo 😉

Mirage fanatic !

• 8 months later...
On 12/9/2021 at 2:52 PM, myHelljumper said:

Hi,

While the specific aircraft modeled would represent a late 2010' update IIRC, the aircraft remained mostly the same since its introduction in the late 80'.

From the first Mirage 2000C with RDI radar to the current ones still flown today, only some rather minor improvements were made to the avionics (decoy launcher indicator panel, waypoint increment/decrement buttons...), NCTR was added to the radar for the Kosovo war, and the latest update in the mid 2010' was to update the cockpit for NVG use.

TLDR: The aircraft can will correctly reflect the capabilities of a Mirage 2000C RDI from the late 80' up until today.

did the mirage 2000C ever get an updated navigation system ( INS/GPS or EGI?) or is this Mirage 2000C nav upgrade one of the foreign operated mirages?

Kittyhawk+32nd+Mirage+2000C+028.jpg

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

7 hours ago, Kev2go said:

did the mirage 2000C ever get an updated navigation system ( INS/GPS or EGI?) or is this Mirage 2000C nav upgrade one of the foreign operated mirages?

Kittyhawk+32nd+Mirage+2000C+028.jpg

As you can see by the buttons on the VTB, this is not a 2000C.

The Mirage 2000C never received an upgraded navigation system.

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

On 8/18/2022 at 4:32 AM, myHelljumper said:

As you can see by the buttons on the VTB, this is not a 2000C.

The Mirage 2000C never received an upgraded navigation system.

i searched that up further its a greek mirage 2000EG.

• Like 1

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Btw can anyone explain why in the old mirage 2000C model the countermeasures suite display Flare and chaff quantity but in the new model, the updated CM suite doesnt? It only tells you when the quantity is Low or Empty. This new CM indicator seems like a downgrade.

Edited by Kev2go
  • Like 1

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

4 hours ago, Kev2go said:

Btw can anyone explain why in the old mirage 2000C model the countermeasures suite display Flare and chaff quantity but in the new model, the updated CM suite doesnt?

I've no inside knowledge - so this is pure speculation.

The original DCS Mirage 2000C was developed with limited resources and SME input - as a result features/info from the 2000D, 2000N, etc. were included, some times in error, some times to fill in for missing/restricted 2000C data.

Working with the AdA has given Razbam the addition time, resources and SME feedback to rework the cockpit and avionics to better represent a "real" Mirage 2000C.

IMHO this can only be a good thing.

By way of compensation, our DCS version still carries several speculative systems that it perhaps wouldn't IRL i.e. TAF, Eclair-M, DDM, IIRC 530D left AdA service in 2012, etc.

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

11 hours ago, Kev2go said:

Btw can anyone explain why in the old mirage 2000C model the countermeasures suite display Flare and chaff quantity but in the new model, the updated CM suite doesnt? It only tells you when the quantity is Low or Empty. This new CM indicator seems like a downgrade.

Hi,

From what I understand, the ECLAIR box was mounted with the ECLAIR pod and was the only way to interact with it as it was not interfaced with the aircraft CM system.

The first deployments of the ECLAIR pod were done in a hurry and sometimes the aircraft on which it was mounted didn't even have the SPIRALE system, so that's how they were able to use it.

Later, the pod was integrated with the aircraft CM system and thus the box was removed.

• Like 3

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/22/2022 at 11:50 AM, myHelljumper said:

Hi,

From what I understand, the ECLAIR box was mounted with the ECLAIR pod and was the only way to interact with it as it was not interfaced with the aircraft CM system.

The first deployments of the ECLAIR pod were done in a hurry and sometimes the aircraft on which it was mounted didn't even have the SPIRALE system, so that's how they were able to use it.

Later, the pod was integrated with the aircraft CM system and thus the box was removed.

What about the ground attack capabilities? Do you know if the first 2000Cs with RDI that entered service in the late 80s/early 90s would have the same ground attack capabilities as our variant?

4 hours ago, Fromthedeep said:

What about the ground attack capabilities? Do you know if the first 2000Cs with RDI that entered service in the late 80s/early 90s would have the same ground attack capabilities as our variant?

Yes.

Only minor SNA (weapon and navigation system) change were operated over the years on the 2000C and no new weapon were added.

The only AG weapon changes is the adoption of the dumb and laser guided bombs of US design. Even then, IRL the aircraft is tricked and thinks that another bomb that it knows is loaded.

• Thanks 1

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube