Virpil CM3 - FA-18 - 5 way dial icw 6 x Customisable Momentary Buttons

Double Dutch

Hi,

Is there anyone out there that has that section (5 way dial icw 6 x Customisable Momentary Buttons) programmed for the FA-18?

I would love to know what your logic is in setting it up and what choices you made.

Thanks!!

-----

Don't practise till you got it right.

Practise till you don't do it wrong

• 3 weeks later...

I did make a setup, but for some reason DCS is not memorizing my setup (follow up thread inbound). I used the 5 way dial for the Countermeasures System dial so that I can switch the jammer quickly on and off. You usually just need 3 positions but the switch in the cockpit is also a 5 way, so it fits 😉 I used all the switches to cover most of the startup stuff and things I need to access quickly since I play in VR. I should mention that I also have the CP #2 and a Warthog throttle, so I have lots of options.

Generally, I try to keep the order of the bindings close to the real cockpit setup if I bind multiple buttons that are close to each other. Helps me to remeber the bindings when under pressure.  For example, I used 3 of the 4 lower switches to map the FLIR, Laser and LST switches. The beauty there is that you got one 3 way switch and the FLIR switch is also a 3 way. I think I used the 4. button for the OBOGGS which is a real pain to flip in VR. The buttons above I used for the RWR buttons. Master arm is obviously bound to the corresponding button on the panel. The switch to the left I used for the 3 way dispenser switch so I can switch to override quickly if needed. I used the round buttons to cover the wall dispense button, take off trim and fcs reset. The engine crank switch is obvious. The dials are used for the jettison function (push to press jettison) and the radar dial so that I can silence the radar fast if I need to. 2 of the 4 left push buttons are a-g and a-a mode buttons.

Still WIP. I think I move the wall dispense binding to my collective with black hawk grip which serves in planes as the panic panel (eject and other emergencies) cause it is easy to grasp in VR and I regularly miss the button on the panel when I need to hit it.