Petrovich view

sorcer3r

btw. The only condition (for me) is that it will work in VR mode also.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I have always thought a Picture in Picture POV of the Raduga sight would be a nice thing to have to just see what was happening.

when it comes to seeing trees in the way and stuff I learned to do on thing with Mi-24, instead of relying on slow zoom control I sacrifice an axis for “zoom”, that way I can instantly fully zoom in before firing to see any obstructions 

Edited by AeriaGloria
  • Like 1

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

7 hours ago, Apok said:

Its not realistic to see what is happening. Its like installing MFD with tv channel. They should make iff and continue work on Pete not this.

While I agree with you, problem is that with human operator I would be told to move since obstacle is blocking the line. With Petrovich, you will get a target, lock and every single time missile would hit that obstacle.

IFF and improving Petrovich is ultimate goal, but this shouldn't be much of coding work and will help until ultimate goal is reached.

• Like 5

On 12/16/2021 at 12:31 AM, Apok said:

Its not realistic to see what is happening. Its like installing MFD with tv channel. They should make iff and continue work on Pete not this.

Lol what is there to do about IFF? It’s just a single switch. Unless you mean Petro IFF

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

• 2 months later...

I'm sorry but no. If it's a bug where Pete can see through structures fix that. Trees deal with it. I'm sure trees eat these kinds of missiles IRL. As far as Peterovich having a better IFF. Like what, painted tanks. IRL he wouldn't be able to tell if the equipment is the same. Now different maybe, and that is a maybe. Apaches lit up Abrams in Desert Storm. Its an old optical system. Honestly it's up to you to know where you are. And IRL Fratrcide happens. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/16/2021 at 9:31 AM, Apok said:

Its not realistic to see what is happening. Its like installing MFD with tv channel.

Yes but from that point of view I would say the hud overlay, petrovich's target list and the ability to switch from pilot to gunner inflight.. all of that is also not realistic.

My suggestion is just an optional(!) workaround until petrovich becomes smarter (and I assume this will take a lot of time)

On 3/5/2022 at 9:38 PM, FlankerKiller said:

Trees deal with it. I'm sure trees eat these kinds of missiles IRL.

If I am the gunner I tell my pilot from which direction/altitude we could hit the target.

And even if I see petrovich's aimingsight we could still hit objects and then I am okay with it.

Edited by sorcer3r

9 hours ago, sorcer3r said:

Yes but from that point of view I would say the hud overlay, petrovich's target list and the ability to switch from pilot to gunner inflight.. all of that is also not realistic.

My suggestion is just an optional(!) workaround until petrovich becomes smarter (and I assume this will take a lot of time)

If I am the gunner I tell my pilot from which direction/altitude we could hit the target.

And even if I see petrovich's aimingsight we could still hit objects and then I am okay with it.

I agree, I would like to see all if that as optionable. My issues with seeing through the sight is that it gives the Hind an ability it dose not have. The target list is a work around kind. Like he's calling out a group to the pilot. I would much rather be able to set him to search, and tell him what to prioritize. But that isn't how they set it up. But in the Hind you can't see what the gunner sees. Of course you want too. There is probably a reason that it's a feature in the apache. I don't want it for the Hind because it gives s very unrealistic capability. 

On 12/16/2021 at 3:31 AM, Apok said:

1 hour ago, FlankerKiller said:

I agree, I would like to see all if that as optionable. My issues with seeing through the sight is that it gives the Hind an ability it dose not have. The target list is a work around kind. Like he's calling out a group to the pilot. I would much rather be able to set him to search, and tell him what to prioritize. But that isn't how they set it up. But in the Hind you can't see what the gunner sees. Of course you want too. There is probably a reason that it's a feature in the apache. I don't want it for the Hind because it gives s very unrealistic capability. 

At some point, we have to recognize that this is a game that has the limitations of such.  Even with the AI, I'm essentially one person operating two positions.

Edited by agamemnon_b5
  • Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 months later...
On 12/16/2021 at 9:31 AM, Apok said:

Its not realistic to see what is happening.

• It is not realistic he is aiming trees
  • It is not realistic he is not reporting the picture and advising pilot for egress for firing solution
  • It is not realistic that he fires on friendlies
  • It is not realistic that you can jump to front seat and back in flight.

I find this scope export as a special option better for realism than being able to change seats in flight. I never want to change seats and I do not want to use this after Petrovic gains the capabilities he needs above. But for interim solution and for new players learning the module it is a handy tool to have. It can be visible on top like George AI menu disc. 

• Like 2

Heard that some testers were talking about it. Would be a neat feature. Especially since with Petro you are rarely on the deck maneuvering all over the place pushing the FPS. Always thought it would Atleast be “cool” to see what the periscope is doing as a pilot, just flying as a pilot I feel like I’m missing so much of the actual Mi-24 experience not being able to see what my old school periscope is doing, but I also do 99% of my flying in MP and can’t switch seats 

• 4 months later...
2 hours ago, sorcer3r said:

*bump*

Now we can switch seats but then we have the problem that petrovich is flying 😉

So IMO it would be still a nice optional feature.

I haven’t had a problem taking the controls from it recently

• 3 months later...