OK, so what’s it for…???

rkk01

1 minute ago, rkk01 said:

Do you need to spend a stack of time in the ME just to get a nice looking mobile runway to fly to / from??

Yes ... but you can save your setup as a Static Template, so that on remaining missions you can have the equipped carrier ready with two clicks:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

As Rudel_chw stated you can save Templates.

I have several for each map, and different deck configs that i lovely spent hours and days creating and i can use them with any new scenario with a click.

You can always keep adding/removing stuff from the deck in your Template and save it with a new config or creating a new Template.

I even use a little script so i can remove statics of the deck while in mission, like the Hornets in the Fantail in the pic, so when i RTB i could land. It all comes to imagination of each one of us.

Screen_200801_225740.jpg

• Like 2

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

• rkk01 changed the title to OK, so what’s it for…???
4 hours ago, fagulha said:

I have several for each map, and different deck configs that i lovely spent hours and days creating and i can use them with any new scenario with a click.

You can always keep adding/removing stuff from the deck in your Template and save it with a new config or creating a new Template.

I even use a little script so i can remove statics of the deck while in mission, like the Hornets in the Fantail in the pic, so when i RTB i could land. It all comes to imagination of each one of us.

Screen_200801_225740.jpg

Nice Deck you have there. Very believable and balanced. 

• Like 2

MSI Tomahawk X570 Mobo, Ryzen 5600X undervolted on Artic Freezer E34 Cooler, RTX3080 FE, 32GB (2x16GB Dual Ranked) GSkil 3600 CL16 Trident Neo RAM, 2X 4th Gen M2 SSDs, Corsair RM850x PSU, Lancool 215 Case. 

Gear: MFG Crosswinds, Warthog Throttle, Virpil T50CM gen 1 stick, TIR5, Cougar MFD (OOA), D-link H7/B powered USB 2.0 Hub all strapped to a butchered Wheel stand pro, Cushion to bang head on, wall to scream at.  

Just now, Boosterdog said:

Nice Deck you have there. Very believable and balanced. 

Thank you.

Although there are always details that i correct afterwards. I try also to be functional and sometimes i need to re-arrange or remove statics if i want to use AI in a mission in a way that they don´t get blocked while taxing (a pain in the a** to be honest).

• Like 2

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

1 minute ago, fagulha said:

Thank you.

Although there are always details that i correct afterwards. I try also to be functional and sometimes i need to re-arrange or remove statics if i want to use AI in a mission in a way that they don´t get blocked while taxing (a pain in the a** to be honest).

I find carrier arrangments somewhat akin to the game "kerplunk". more something even a smidge and all hell breaks loose. I only wish more statics had chocks and covers for the "stored" renditions. Trying to place the little objects within a lua is a frustrating and time consuming experience.  Great job anyhow. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

MSI Tomahawk X570 Mobo, Ryzen 5600X undervolted on Artic Freezer E34 Cooler, RTX3080 FE, 32GB (2x16GB Dual Ranked) GSkil 3600 CL16 Trident Neo RAM, 2X 4th Gen M2 SSDs, Corsair RM850x PSU, Lancool 215 Case. 

Gear: MFG Crosswinds, Warthog Throttle, Virpil T50CM gen 1 stick, TIR5, Cougar MFD (OOA), D-link H7/B powered USB 2.0 Hub all strapped to a butchered Wheel stand pro, Cushion to bang head on, wall to scream at.  

On 12/13/2021 at 2:23 PM, fagulha said:

Screen_200801_225740.jpg

Wow!
Would you like to share your templates or a short mission? Please! It's so close before christmas 😇
Thank you!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Kansti said:

Wow!
Would you like to share your templates or a short mission? Please! It's so close before christmas 😇
Thank you!

I would without any problem but the issue is, i use a lot of mods and you need them to use the template.... But after lunch let me see if i can give you a template of my carrier without too many mods (i will try to list them for you). What maps do you own? so i can see if i have a carrier Template of a map that you own.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fagulha said:

I would without any problem but the issue is, i use a lot of mods and you need them to use the template.... But after lunch let me see if i can give you a template of my carrier without too many mods (i will try to list them for you). What maps do you own? so i can see if i have a carrier Template of a map that you own.

OK - so i was too shy to ask but.........I would be very greatful 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Boosterdog said:

OK - so i was too shy to ask but.........I would be very greatful 

Don´t be. I would share with no prob.

As i said earlier, the problem i use a lot of mods and some scripts for clearing the deck when needed for me but i can work out my templates a little so i can share, or, they can be functional to you because sometimes i saturate my deck at my own personal choice and that may not work for you or it can lower your fps. I will try to put in a Google Drive link with the mods i use for the carrier so it can be easy for you to just download and use. I just need you to tell me what maps do you own so i can work on a Template for you.

I will also include a darker deck liverie that i use with the Supercarrier.

Edited by fagulha
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Kansti said:

Would you like to share your templates or a short mission? 

Redkite has very interesting "dynamic" templates, they include several samples that you can use:

• Like 2

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

25 minutes ago, fagulha said:

Don´t be. I would share with no prob.

As i said earlier, the problem i use a lot of mods and some scripts for clearing the deck when needed for me but i can work out my templates a little so i can share, or, they can be functional to you because sometimes i saturate my deck at my own personal choice and that may not work for you or it can lower your fps. I will try to put in a Google Drive link with the mods i use for the carrier so it can be easy for you to just download and use. I just need you to tell me what maps do you own so i can work on a Template for you.

I will also include a darker deck liverie that i use with the Supercarrier.

Thank you Fagulha! So I have all the maps and The Navy Desk equipment 1.4a, Highwayman Ed's Navy Mod, the 0.9.6 VPC airfield equipment mods which I use on the carriers. Dont worry about FPS, I bank a lot of things for the future. Scripts based on RedKites I use along with some Moose based stuff like the SAR helo. Hope that helps. 

And thanks again!

24 minutes ago, Boosterdog said:

Thank you Fagulha! So I have all the maps and The Navy Desk equipment 1.4a, Highwayman Ed's Navy Mod, the 0.9.6 VPC airfield equipment mods which I use on the carriers. Dont worry about FPS, I bank a lot of things for the future. Scripts based on RedKites I use along with some Moose based stuff like the SAR helo. Hope that helps. 

And thanks again!

That´s good. If there is a mod on the template that you don´t have it will not load but it tell which mod is missing, then you tell me and i share with you. Give me just sometime to work things out and i will share here the link for you.

Edited by fagulha
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Boosterdog said:

And thanks again!

- Here you have 2 templates, one for Syria and one for Persian Gulf. You can work from here at your will and needs. Play with the statics so you can start from different places on deck. I added 5MC sound to the templates but you can remove it if you wish etc

The Hornets in the fantail in one of the Templates are set to disappear after 1000 secs, but you can go to triggers and change that or delete them.

Beware, in one of the Templates i placed crew members outside the deck near CAT 4 and use it more when i want to use the CAT 4 myself but if you want/need to have AI aircraft to take off using CAT 4 you must remove them otherwise the AI aircraft can´t take off from CAT 4 due the statics (Although the statics are outside the deck, it´s a DCS thing).

- There is a folder of Liveries and inside you´ll find folders for each CVN, just place them in your savedgames\liveries folder and you can use these liveries in the Supercarrier (one of them says "If you can read this add power" near the Roundown as in real life).

Any mod missing for load the Template say so.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1PT0VyNKjfYzq6Is6xX7F5eFQ9mTEfs3p?usp=sharing

Edited by fagulha
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you so much @fagulha. I really appreciate this. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Boosterdog said:

Thank you so much @fagulha. I really appreciate this. 

Hope you enjoy, they´re not perfect, i just tried to give balance because the ones i use are for specific tasks sometimes due AI aircraft limitations while taxing.

35 minutes ago, fagulha said:

Hope you enjoy, they´re not perfect, i just tried to give balance because the ones i use are for specific tasks sometimes due AI aircraft limitations while taxing.

Thanks again.

It appears somthing is missing - trouble is I dont know what. It appears DCS will happily load a static template with the missing items not included but wont allow a mission to be saved or the template to be resaved with out them. helpfully it doesnt tell me what items are missing!

This is what I have, all have been downloaded in the past week:

Deck Equipment 1.4a

Grumman EA6B Prowler

Military Aircraft Mod

VPC airfield eqiupment 0.9.6 

Highwayman Eds Navy Equipment

Warning Signs

Ratos and Cowboys HH60 and SH60 mods

Any ideas? Could it be a cargo item~? Sorry to be a PITA - if its gonna be a problem please dont put yourself out. I have already a great start with the template from what I can see in the mission editor and can take a screen print for reference.  

10 minutes ago, Boosterdog said:

Thanks again.

It appears somthing is missing - trouble is I dont know what. It appears DCS will happily load a static template with the missing items not included but wont allow a mission to be saved or the template to be resaved with out them. helpfully it doesnt tell me what items are missing!

This is what I have, all have been downloaded in the past week:

Deck Equipment 1.4a

Grumman EA6B Prowler

Military Aircraft Mod

VPC airfield eqiupment 0.9.6 

Highwayman Eds Navy Equipment

Warning Signs

Ratos and Cowboys HH60 and SH60 mods

Any ideas? Could it be a cargo item~? Sorry to be a PITA - if its gonna be a problem please dont put yourself out. I have already a great start with the template from what I can see in the mission editor and can take a screen print for reference.  

Yes probably a missing mod (i use a couple more mods). I´m going to see if i can figure what mods are included and post a new link in Google Drive.

EDIT: add this 2 mods and see if it works.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1FBvA9KmSU30F7FdwWddh_HT-tmjo7NNV?usp=sharing

Edited by fagulha

34 minutes ago, fagulha said:

Yes probably a missing mod (i use a couple more mods). I´m going to see if i can figure what mods are included and post a new link in Google Drive.

EDIT: add this 2 mods and see if it works.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1FBvA9KmSU30F7FdwWddh_HT-tmjo7NNV?usp=sharing

Spot on!  Range Targets!  Thank you mate. Looks fanstastic!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Boosterdog said:

Spot on!  Range Targets!  Thank you mate. Looks fanstastic!

Glad i could help 🙂

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, fagulha said:

Glad i could help 🙂

Hey fagulha, thank you so much!
I'm in the office right now and I'm a little bit short in time this week, but I will check this out during the weekend!

Thanks again for the christmas gift 👍
Kansti

4 hours ago, Kansti said:

Hey fagulha, thank you so much!
I'm in the office right now and I'm a little bit short in time this week, but I will check this out during the weekend!

Thanks again for the christmas gift 👍
Kansti

Hey!

You're welcome. In my point of view the templates are not anything special, i think that is always missing more things. If you have trouble like Boosterdog did because you don't have the necessary mods for the templates say so and i try to help. 

After lunch I'm going to put another Template on the Google Drive link, can't recall for which map is but i will edit this post and tell so. So pay attention to this post because i will edit with the link.

EDIT: Hey @Boosterdog and @Kanstihere´s the Google Drive link with 2 new Templates for the Mariana Islands, just beware that "CVN-75 V1.0" Template was not created by me, it was from other user (that i can´t recall who he was) who shared like me but i think it was cool too and added to the folder. Mine is "New Template" then you can modify and save with a name that you choose (although both in Load Static Template menu appear as CVN-75). Enjoy.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1PT0VyNKjfYzq6Is6xX7F5eFQ9mTEfs3p?usp=sharing

Edited by fagulha
  • Thanks 2

Thank you @fagulha

• Like 1

Excellent, thank you!
Syria and Persian Gulf is also fine with me. I'll try to copy the template to another map (I saw that in a video recently, I'll give it a try).

@Rudel_chw
Thanks for the hint. I know Redkites awesome (!) "dynamic" templates. But I was to lazy to adjust them to my taste and I had "floating" aircrafts in Multiplayer (if I remember correct).

Edited by Kansti
  • Like 1