OK, so what’s it for…???

rkk01

47 minutes ago, Kansti said:

Excellent, thank you!
Syria and Persian Gulf is also fine with me. I'll try to copy the template to another map (I saw that in a video recently, I'll give it a try).

@Rudel_chw
Thanks for the hint. I know Redkites awesome (!) "dynamic" templates. But I was to lazy to adjust them to my taste and I had "floating" aircrafts in Multiplayer (if I remember correct).

Before starting go to your Static Templates folder in savedgames\dcs.openbeta a make a backup of template file (.stm) you want to modify just in case:

- In DCS load a Template in Mariana Island map for example, re-position the carrier more to the corner of the screen or something (so when you load it to a new map it won´t place the carrier over Cyprus like it happened to me);

- Save as a new template with a name easy to remember (ex CVN-75 Syria);

- Exit DCS.

- Go to Static Templates folder, open the new template you created (CVN-75 Syria) with Notepad++

- In the bottom lines look for ["theatre"] = "Mariana Islands" and change it to ["theatre"] = "Syria". Don´t change quotes or anything else, just the theatre name. Save and exit;

- Open DCS, open ou create a new mission in Syria, load the static template and then move the carrier to the position you wish etc and it´s done.

Edited by fagulha

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

So, as OP, I’m still not sure on Supercarrier… it’s been in and out of my basket over the last few sales.

Is it best seen as a buddy module for the Hornet??? (which I don’t own)

…or is it equally good with the Tomcat?

what about Mods - does it function with the A-4 and T-45?

Edited by rkk01

4 hours ago, rkk01 said:

So, as OP, I’m still not sure on Supercarrier… it’s been in and out of my basket over the last few sales.

Have you already tried it for 2 weeks for free?

It is a bit better suited to the Hornet but I love using it with the Tomcat.

• Like 2

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

6 hours ago, rkk01 said:

Is it best seen as a buddy module for the Hornet??? (which I don’t own)

…or is it equally good with the Tomcat?

what about Mods - does it function with the A-4 and T-45?

Yes it work with the A-4 and T-45C.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

On 12/16/2021 at 4:27 PM, fagulha said:

Before starting go to your Static Templates folder in savedgames\dcs.openbeta a make a backup of template file (.stm) you want to modify just in case:

- In DCS load a Template in Mariana Island map for example, re-position the carrier more to the corner of the screen or something (so when you load it to a new map it won´t place the carrier over Cyprus like it happened to me);

- Save as a new template with a name easy to remember (ex CVN-75 Syria);

- Exit DCS.

- Go to Static Templates folder, open the new template you created (CVN-75 Syria) with Notepad++

- In the bottom lines look for ["theatre"] = "Mariana Islands" and change it to ["theatre"] = "Syria". Don´t change quotes or anything else, just the theatre name. Save and exit;

- Open DCS, open ou create a new mission in Syria, load the static template and then move the carrier to the position you wish etc and it´s done.

Worked like charm, thank you!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...