MiG29G HUD units: Which are imperial?

Nealius

I've got the speed and altitude are imperial, but what about the radar range and elevation? The digits appear the same as in the metric Fulcrums, but do they refer to kilometers (range) and thousands of meters (elevation), or miles and thousands of feet? Running against target drones with AWACS I couldn't really tell. 

Don’t fly the “G” model but it should be easy enough to figure out from the F10 view with the altitude reports for one and measuring tool for the other, since you know what units you’re using there.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

13 hours ago, Ironhand said:

Don’t fly the “G” model but it should be easy enough to figure out from the F10 view with the altitude reports for one and measuring tool for the other, since you know what units you’re using there.

13 hours ago, Nealius said:

Running against target drones with AWACS I couldn't really tell.

Yeah already did that, as specified in the opening post. When you STT a target there is no way to get specific range in the Fulcrum. 

Edited by Nealius

1 hour ago, razo+r said:

If the altitude is easily more than 10'000, then its most likely feet. 

As for range, do you not have the scale on the left of the HUD? 

I have the missile DLZ scale on the left but no specific number telling me 0.0nm or 0.0km of the locked target. The MiG-29 manual doesn't explain the divisions of the range scale, nor does it explain anything about the G model HUD. In fact, the manual doesn't recognize we even have a G model at all.

Edited by Nealius

17 hours ago, Nealius said:

I've got the speed and altitude are imperial, but what about the radar range and elevation? The digits appear the same as in the metric Fulcrums, but do they refer to kilometers (range) and thousands of meters (elevation), or miles and thousands of feet? Running against target drones with AWACS I couldn't really tell. 

Everything related to the radar is in km like in all MiG-29s.
Only units in imperial are the speed and altitude on the HUD.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nealius said:

I have the missile DLZ scale on the left but no specific number telling me 0.0nm or 0.0km of the locked target. The MiG-29 manual doesn't explain the divisions of the range scale, nor does it explain anything about the G model HUD. In fact, the manual doesn't recognize we even have a G model at all.

None of our Russian based pits give you a numerical readout. The selected range scale is on the left. The currently selected range is indicated at the top mark. The bottom mark is "0". The remaining marks divide the scale into fifths. So a selected scale of 100 (indicated at the top mark), for instance, is marked as 0, 20, 40, 60, 80, 100 km.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.