F-16 HMD & datalink

Hummingbird

Wags has confirmed that the PDLT (Primary Data Link Track) is coming in the future. This a single L16 track that can be hooked on the HSD. It’s displayed with an octagon on the HUD/Helmet. 

Very unfortunate if that’s just it….Wingman/flight positions at least would be helpful.
Maybe 2007 was much more limited than we think. TBF the MLU docs from the mid 2000’s make no mention of flight member symbology when describing the PDLT. 

1 hour ago, 104th_Crunch said:
  • Inter-Flight Link-16 Data Link Sharing with HMCS Indications

Is this not the function? It's listed as planned as per below.

It indeed sounds like it should show DL contacts (Friend & Foe) on the HMD, just as in the Hornet. Which is why Wags comment confuses me.

Edited by Hummingbird
  • Like 1

• ED Team

Inter-Flight Link-16 Data Link Sharing with HMCS Indications refers to such items as sharing HTS targets, flight A-A assignments, Mark Point sharing, and the PDLT. A 2007 4.2+ should not include other HMCS datalink items, that came in later tapes.

As usual if you have evidence otherwise please PM me. 

thanks

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

17 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

Inter-Flight Link-16 Data Link Sharing with HMCS Indications refers to such items as sharing HTS targets, flight A-A assignments, Mark Point sharing, and the PDLT. A 2007 4.2+ should not include other HMCS datalink items, that came in later tapes.

As usual if you have evidence otherwise please PM me. 

thanks

So other than the PDLT, which Wags announced will come later, are the other JHMCS systems coming this update?

On 12/13/2021 at 11:45 AM, Hummingbird said:

Was wondering, should our Blk 50/52 F-16C have the capability of showing data link contacts in the HMD, such as the F/A-18?

Asked already on YT, where Wags stated: "For this tape, year, country, just PDLT."

Is this correct?

Yeah it's correct for the tape and year Viper that we have. 

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

16 minutes ago, Blinky.ben said:

What does Primary Datalink Track actually mean?

You can "lock on" bug a Data Link contact (only one at the time) on on the fcr, before your own sensor sees it. which gives you a symbology on the hud, fcr, hsd, and on the hmcs.

On 12/18/2021 at 11:30 AM, TEOMOOSE said:

You can "lock on" bug a Data Link contact (only one at the time) on on the fcr, before your own sensor sees it. which gives you a symbology on the hud, fcr, hsd, and on the hmcs.

Just a slight correction: PDLT is set via the HSD (via TMS right on a datalink track if I'm not mistaken). As far as I know it's not possible to set PDLT via the FCR but it was a long time since I read about it.

-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

DCS Wishlist:

MC-130E Combat Talon   |   F/A-18F Lot 26   |   HH-60G Pave Hawk   |   E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound   |   EA-6A/B Prowler   |   J-35F2/J Draken   |   RA-5C Vigilante

33 minutes ago, WHOGX5 said:

Just a slight correction: PDLT is set via the HSD (via TMS right on a datalink track if I'm not mistaken). As far as I know it's not possible to set PDLT via the FCR but it was a long time since I read about it.

So in the end the Viper will only be able to see one enemy contact as well as friendly contacts in the helmet mount display VIA datalink. Not like the hornet display where it shows multiple enemy contacts?

6 hours ago, Blinky.ben said:

So in the end the Viper will only be able to see one enemy contact as well as friendly contacts in the helmet mount display VIA datalink. Not like the hornet display where it shows multiple enemy contacts?

The Viper will only display one contact full stop. The PDLT. No friendlies as well. Not even wingmen. Of course if the PDLT is a selected friendly or wingman it’ll show that. 

Since PDLT Cues on the HUD  is included into M3 older and M4.2 newer tape so MUST include HUD A-A symbology namely the PDLT octagon

Has almost  the same like A-10 HMD Please search F-16 PDLT octagon on the net regards

Edited by Geraki

22 hours ago, WHOGX5 said:

that would be correct. HSD SOI and TMS Right to designate a non-correlated D/L contact. After a PDLT has been made you can do "stepping" between other D/L contacts, or TMS aft to drop it.

• Like 2