F-14 issues on Anderson AFB

GiveMeHanzo

Today I was playing on a server and spawn in a hanger in Anderson AFB, I find myself unable to taxi, due to the wing already contact the hanger wall, although I can sweep the wing back and taxi, maybe it would be a good idea to spawn F14 with wing swept.

Also Im having a really hard time to takeoff on the runway on Anderson AFB aswell. For some reason, it keep drifting hard to one side, and I cannot correct it back with both stick and rudder. I never experienced this issue on other runway, and I can also land on it without issue. Only when takeoff. I did disengage NWS before takeoff, and I also tried anti skid on and off, nothing seems to help. I tried about 6 times, and only managed to takeoff once without spining off the runway.

1 hour ago, Wingmate said:

If I am not mistaken you should keep nws on until ~60 kts on the takeoff roll. I can't remember where I read that though and I am work and cant check any of my sources.

100 kts.

We will look into the wing sweep issue, it should have been fixed already, seems it is back 😞

• Thanks 2

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

1 hour ago, Wingmate said:

If I am not mistaken you should keep nws on until ~60 kts on the takeoff roll. I can't remember where I read that though and I am work and cant check any of my sources.

Oh, lol I probably need to fact check when I watch another Grim Reaper's tutorial😂

1 hour ago, IronMike said:

100 kts.

We will look into the wing sweep issue, it should have been fixed already, seems it is back 😞

I just spend an hour practice F-14 takeoff, it still has the random drifting at around 80kts. It dosent happen every time, but when it happens, its nearly impossible to be corrected. Its like a magic force suddenly pushing my plane to left or right, and my rudder and stick correction either does nothing or suddenly make it spin to the other direction and lost control. I also tried on different map, and its happening on other maps aswell. I have a rudder paddle, and I tried different curves, and nothing seems to help, it also happends with both clean config and fully loaded. Could this caused by the recent FM change? It just feel so odd that I'm having such a hard time to takeoff on a runway, it feel so much harder than carrier landing or air refueling lol. Other module like hornet and viper doesn't drift nearly as hard, and can be easily corrected. 

34 minutes ago, GiveMeHanzo said:

Its like a magic force suddenly pushing my plane to left or right

It can be input spike on your rudder axis - it comes from faulty device (potentiometer). Contact your reseller repair service after you check it. Use Rctrl+Enter to confirm what happens during take off. Check the device in other USB port.

Or is it just a strong wind or turbulence? Do you take off just after some jet?

Or a crossbinding on axis?

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

2 minutes ago, draconus said:

It can be input spike on your rudder axis - it comes from faulty device (potentiometer). Contact your reseller repair service after you check it. Use Rctrl+Enter to confirm what happens during take off. Check the device in other USB port.

Or is it just a strong wind or turbulence? Do you take off just after some jet?

Or a crossbinding on axis?

I practiced in single player with no other planes, also no wind. I also checked my rudder which is not spiking(I even used a powerd usb hub, so the pot sensor has enough voltage) This feel like a RNG to me, since F14 almost always drift on takeoff, sometimes slowly and can be corrected, but sometimes very rapidly. 

1 hour ago, GiveMeHanzo said:

I practiced in single player with no other planes, also no wind. I also checked my rudder which is not spiking(I even used a powerd usb hub, so the pot sensor has enough voltage) This feel like a RNG to me, since F14 almost always drift on takeoff, sometimes slowly and can be corrected, but sometimes very rapidly. 

Can you upload me the mission you test this with? I will try it on my end. It sounds like an input issue though, since no one else seems to have that. If it would be a common occurrance, we would likely have plenty of reports on that by now, especially since the last patch is almost 2 months back.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

Check your engines are producing the same power output … on my TM setup, when I push both throttles forward, the right one is a little forward of the left, hence I often drift left on take off 😞 Although it’s not usually as violent as you describe.

Edited by Kula66
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Kula66 said:

Check your engines are producing the same power output … on my TM setup, when I push both throttles forward, the right one is a little forward of the left, hence I often drift left on take off 😞 Although it’s not usaially as violent as you describe.

Thanks, that might be the issue, since my throttle is Wingwing Orion, which is similar to warhog, I will definally do some more testing.

16 hours ago, IronMike said:

Can you upload me the mission you test this with? I will try it on my end. It sounds like an input issue though, since no one else seems to have that. If it would be a common occurrance, we would likely have plenty of reports on that by now, especially since the last patch is almost 2 months back.

Here is the mission file, its just a simple takeoff with fully loaded F-14B. I also made some recording, and after rewatch, I notice that sometimes, NWS auto disenaged itself when I start the takeoff, which I didn't know, so at around 100kts I pressed NSW button which reengage it and caused my plane flip over lol. I tried be as gentle as possible on my rudder, since over correcting usually make it even worse. After hours of practice today, I can only get around 50% chance to takeoff. Are there anything I didnt configure correct for takeoff? I have no problem takeoff with F16, F18,JF17 and even spitfire.

F14B Takeoff full load.miz

No problems taking off in your mission, weird indeed. It's not even tire damage when you're so slow. Do you have any mods installed?

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

36 minutes ago, GiveMeHanzo said:

No other mod, except the F22A, which shouldn't has anything to do with F14.

You never know. Try to remove it and check again.

Tested, and no issues to keep it straight either. So definitely some input/ hardware issue imo. Maybe you have NWS bound twice? Or bound at a place where you can easily and accidentally re-engage it?

Heatblur Simulations

47 minutes ago, IronMike said:

Tested, and no issues to keep it straight either. So definitely some input/ hardware issue imo. Maybe you have NWS bound twice? Or bound at a place where you can easily and accidentally re-engage it?

The NWS thing only happend once or twice, so I have no idea how it happend. Im using a honet stick, so its pretty hard to mis click it. The input overlay also shows no issue with my input. Thanks for the help, I'm given up at this point, I will just fly F14 from carriers now, its more fun anyway😂.

1 hour ago, GiveMeHanzo said:

The NWS thing only happend once or twice, so I have no idea how it happend. Im using a honet stick, so its pretty hard to mis click it. The input overlay also shows no issue with my input. Thanks for the help, I'm given up at this point, I will just fly F14 from carriers now, its more fun anyway😂.

what do you use for rudders? also can you show me your axis settings? and a screenshot of all axis binds, pls. let's not give up just that quick.

EDIT: I think I found your problem: rewatching the video, reflying the mission, comparing again both, taking into account that your NWS "auto disengaged" (it does not do that, except for one special condition, hence why I thought of this): I think you are kneeled, correct? -> I tried the take off kneeled, guess what, it looked exactly the same like your first clip in your video above. Do not take of kneeled, ever, unless hooked up to a catapult on a carrier. On runways: always extended. 😉

Edited by IronMike
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Heatblur Simulations

5 hours ago, IronMike said:

what do you use for rudders? also can you show me your axis settings? and a screenshot of all axis binds, pls. let's not give up just that quick.

EDIT: I think I found your problem: rewatching the video, reflying the mission, comparing again both, taking into account that your NWS "auto disengaged" (it does not do that, except for one special condition, hence why I thought of this): I think you are kneeled, correct? -> I tried the take off kneeled, guess what, it looked exactly the same like your first clip in your video above. Do not take of kneeled, ever, unless hooked up to a catapult on a carrier. On runways: always extended. 😉

Thanks! That solved it for me. Omg, my F18 hotas two positional switch for launch bar is bind to the front strut for F14, and since I had the sync hotas setting enabled, it always kneel as soon as I spawn, and reset to off position immediately, and I didnt realize that happend🤣

• Like 3

3 hours ago, GiveMeHanzo said:

Thanks! That solved it for me. Omg, my F18 hotas two positional switch for launch bar is bind to the front strut for F14, and since I had the sync hotas setting enabled, it always kneel as soon as I spawn, and reset to off position immediately, and I didnt realize that happend🤣

Happy we solved it! See - never give up the fight! 🙂 Enjoy your flights!

• Like 3

Heatblur Simulations