Recommended Head Tracking hardwares for DCS

loscsaba86

Hello Community

Could you please tell me, what kind of head motion tracker hardware is for the DCS recommended? I just need 2-3 names, so that I can choose better.
I would like to buy one.

Thank you in advance and have a nice day.

Best regards
Csaba

Edited by loscsaba86
misstyping

• loscsaba86 changed the title to Recommended Head Tracking hardwares for DCS

Head Tracking => Track Ir 

VR => I use the HP Reverb G2 and i am very happy with it 

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

For head tracking I've used open track for years with a PS3 camera and a home made led clip, cost was about a tenner in parts. Because my Sennheiser headset gave up the ghost and I've moved to some Jabra earbuds I no longer have anything on my head to mount the clip to.

In it's replacement I've set up the old Kinect 360 as a head tracker and it works pretty well. Not so good in low light and I could do with being a foot or so further way from it but it does what it says on the tin.

For VR, another reverb G2 although playing pancake now after a good VR setup is painful. Much prefer the 1:1 head movement in VR compared to the curves that you have to apply in trackir/opentrack.

Ryzen7 7800X3D / RTX3080ti / 64GB DDR5 4800 / Varjo Aero / Leap Motion / Kinect Headtracking
TM 28" Warthog Deltasim Hotas / DIY Pendular Rudders / DIY Cyclic Maglock Trimmer / DIY Abris / TM TX 599 evo wheel / TM T3PA pro / DIY 7+1+Sequential Shifter / DIY Handbrake / Cobra Clubman Seat
Shoehorned into a 43" x 43" cupboard.

You also might want to look into this head tracking option.  I tried it and it works just as well as the PS3 camera I was originally using.  The added benefit is that it cost under $30 for everything and does not require you to wear any IR transmitters on your head.

• Thanks 1

i9 10900KF 3.70GHz (5.30GHz Turbo), MSI RTX 4090 OC 24GB, ASUS Z590-E GAMING Motherboard, CORSAIR Vengeance 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, 2TB Intel 660P M.2 NVMe SSD, Virpil Alpha Joystick, T-50CM3 Throttle, MFG Xwind rudder pedals, Pimax Crystal VR.

Option: https://smoothtrack.app/
Works with AR capable cell phones.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

• 3 weeks later...

So back to this topic, because I bought the DelanClip. Additional info: I fly the MIG-21.

I calibrated everything, it works everything fine, but there is a strange behavior: if I turn my head to the right, I see very good back. I dont see the wing, but very good the edge of the window.

But if I turn my head to the left, I see unfortunately the ejection seat.... I dont see anything from that what is behind me. So I just see the seat...

I use the OpenTrack and I see there very clearly, that:

- there is no big change in the movement of the X axis if I turn my head to the right ( I can look nicely back.)
- but there is 2x big change in the X axis if I turn my head to the left >>> I think this causes, that I just see the seat and cannot look out of the window.

I wanted to make an offset on the X axis, but I dont find such an option.
Has somebody any hint?