Mica RF and R24R missiles bugged, bleed energy like crazy and despawn before reaching target

An edit to this, a user on reddit tested the Mig 23s R24 and saw similar behavior. Suggested the could be the Mica and R24 are on the old missile API and never got updated. If this is the case it would be amazing for this to be rectified, as both aircraft are extremely useful for Syria map missions with the Mig being widespread in Syrian service and the Mirage being usable for Cyprus scenarios.

Am on standalone, latest open beta build

Was tinkering around with some of the AI aircraft. I had never really seen the Mirage 2000-5 or the Mica RF in a mission so wanted to see how it compared to some of the other modern missiles.

Setup is Jets nose hot, 20k feet, mach.8. Max range launch enabled. Target aircraft setup as a drone basically. Will not evade or engage, just fly straight and level.

Initial launch is at about 25-30NM (Basically identical to R27), but the missile just bleeds energy like crazy, even against a non manuvering target.

To compare with the R27ER, the ER gets fired just a couple seconds before the Mica.

The R27 gets accelerated up to about 2500 knots when the motor turns off, the Mica 2600. When the R27 is at about 2000 Knots, which is not long after the rocket motor shuts off, the Mica is at 1350. R27 ~1500, the mica was at about 800. When the R27 is at 1000 knots, the Mica has already despawned from the game.

Mission file attached. Has a J11 setup as an R27ER launcher to compare

Edit: Added a 2nd miz file on Caucasus

Broken Mica RF.miz

Broken Mica RF Caucasus.miz

Edited by Chenstrap
Adding info regarding the Mig 23 R24 showing similar behavior
  • Like 1

Quick add on to this. 

I posted this to reddit as well, and a user suggested this problem also exists on the Mig 23s R24s. I setup a similar test and saw similar behavior. 20 k feet, both jets mach .8, target setup to not evade, the R24 boosts and then just bleeds all its energy like mad and falls from the sky before it ever reaches the target.

User suggested these missiles could simply still be on the old Lock on missile API and never got updated. Would certainly make sense these slipped thru the cracks as I believe the R24 is unique to the Mig 23 and the Mica unique to the Mirage 2000-5.

Edit: attached the miz file showing the Mig 23 behavior 

Broken R24R.miz

Edited by Chenstrap

• Chenstrap changed the title to Mica RF and R24R missiles bugged, bleed energy like crazy and despawn before reaching target

These missiles probably haven't been updated since LOMAC, so that probably explains that.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Bumping this, recent build claimed Mica had been changed. While that is true, there are still scenarios where the missile will not reach its target, even if target is non evasive. This is likely also being exasperated by a new bug where AI aircraft are not accelerating when within 50nm of a bandit, they throttle back and coast it seems. As such they launch probably .3-.5 mach slower then they should be.

You can see the new Mica behavior, and the acceleration bug in this thread here: