Bear Trap Campaign For F/A-18C (conv. from F-15C)

Hello Hornet drivers,

Here is the F-15C's free Bear Trap campaign converted to fly with the Hornet. It is a A/A only campaign, with working AWACS, Datalink and Tankers for AAR. (refuel usually not required.)

Some of the missions in the original campaign had you flying with 3 wingmen, I changed all missions to have 1 wingman. Its a bit more challenging but you have an AWACS along with Datalink to help you out.

I have played all the missions, but not since putting them together in a campaign so if there are issues please let me know. I'm not a pro with the Mission Editor so there may be some things I missed.

Enjoy.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1jOCQyv6ypPtzuLnU_2b9o_Q8Fzg29T9x?usp=sharing

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"The problem with internet quotes is it is very hard to determine their authenticity." --Abraham Lincoln

DCS: FC3, FA-18C Hornet, Supercarrier, P-51D Mustang, F-5E Tiger II, A-10C II Tank Killer, Persian Gulf, The Channel, Normandy 2.0, WWII Assets Pack.

Hi, I've just flew the first mission (fam flight), following all waypoints. After landing, I followed my wingman to his hangar and parked in a nearby one, but the score did not exceed 50 and the mission status is draw. What should I have done?

Thanks.

Edited by splash
gramatical mistake

Were you getting some dialog as you were passing the waypoints? Most of the waypoints will have some spoken dialog.

When you pass the last waypoint, the one before landing, your wingman (Wag's) should say something like "Nice Flying With You Sir" and there will be a message that pops up on you screen saying "Mission Complete" (This should pop up even before you land). Of course, you need to follow through all the previous waypoints, which you said you did.

Some things that I found...

I played all the individual missions before putting them together in a campaign, and now again after putting them together. The only thing I noticed was that some missions get a little too hot for just 2 Hornets, originally many of the missions had 4 Eagles. After getting shot down I like to see what I could have done differently and try again till I win it, due to proper tactics.

I think it is mission 3, called "AWACS Hunt", I struggled with this mission in the Hornet, originally it had only 2 Eagles as well . My preferred method on this mission is to send my wingman to RTB right after he takes off, this way I can sneak in there, fly really low with radar in standby(watch the power lines) and pop up before they ever know I'm there. I find this mission thrilling from start to finish.

"The problem with internet quotes is it is very hard to determine their authenticity." --Abraham Lincoln

DCS: FC3, FA-18C Hornet, Supercarrier, P-51D Mustang, F-5E Tiger II, A-10C II Tank Killer, Persian Gulf, The Channel, Normandy 2.0, WWII Assets Pack.

Thanks for your answer, I received all messages when passing waypoints except for the last one before landing. I will repeat it this evening. I need to improve my A-A skills (in parallel I'm flying Fear the Bones campaign) so this campaign is great.

I think it is very good to improve A/A skills.

Some missions are a little bit nail-biting, but one thing that I particularly like, is there are no bandits popping up suddenly within striking distance. You can know where everyone is most of the time via F10 map, Datalink and AWACS callouts. Some missions require you to only keep bandits away from the strike flight, you do not necessarily have to get a kill. Protect the strike group by sending a few Aim 120s at the bandits to get them to disengage. Once strike group hits their targets, its mission complete.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/22/2021 at 8:11 AM, TheCoyoteHunter said:

Some missions are a little bit nail-biting, but one thing that I particularly like, is there are no bandits popping up suddenly within striking distance. You can know where everyone is most of the time via F10 map

be  more  nail biting  if  you  couldn't  use  the  f10   or  that  the  enemy  aircraft  were  set   to invisible  not  like you  could  bring  up  the  f10  in  rw   flying 🙂

4 hours ago, pete_auau said:

be  more  nail biting  if  you  couldn't  use  the  f10   or  that  the  enemy  aircraft  were  set   to invisible  not  like you  could  bring  up  the  f10  in  rw   flying 🙂

Hi Pete,

You can put all that off in the game's settings IIRC, I wanted to leave the campaign as close to the original F-15C as possible.

Basically all I did was change F-15C to F/A-18C, fixed the AWACS so datalink is working, changed a few radio frequencies and used a proper tanker for the Hornet.

Cheers

Coyote

8 hours ago, TheCoyoteHunter said:

Hi Pete,

You can put all that off in the game's settings IIRC, I wanted to leave the campaign as close to the original F-15C as possible.

Basically all I did was change F-15C to F/A-18C, fixed the AWACS so datalink is working, changed a few radio frequencies and used a proper tanker for the Hornet.

Cheers

Coyote

yep i  know  that  you  can  hide  all  enemy targets  in the  f10 in the  settings  you had  described

• 1 year later...