[Noob Question] Cannot fire rockets

I have a pair of gunpods and a pair of rockets mounted. I ask the AI to prepare the weapons. And I switch and select the guns on the panel, the guns fire fine, but when I switch to rockets, and the indicator under the gunsight also show rocket selected, but it does not fire.

I wonder why.  I must be missing something...

Screen_211216_221619.jpgScreen_211216_221559.jpgScreen_211216_221004.jpg

Edited by VFGiPJP

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

I believe that this is not a valid configuation of weapons, the Hind has some physical limitations on what combination of weapons it can carry. It's best to stick to the pre-made configurations if you're not sure what works and what doesn't, as these are compatible with the Hind's systems.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

What Morrow said above. This looks like an invalid weapons config.

Easy rule of thumb: Missiles + one type of unguided weapon. There are a few configs that flexes this rule a bit and still work, but if you take missiles + only one rocket type, or only gun pods, it'll work fine. If you try to mix S-13s and/or S-24s with other rockets it still won't work. If you mix S-5s and S-8s, or different kinds of S-8s, they will work, but you will lose automatic sight (ccip-like pipper)

Or, like said above, stick with premade loadout options.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

possible that you missed to electrify the rockets?

check the launcher arm button.

Edited by Purifier

i9 10850K | 32 Gb RAM @3200 MHz | RTX 2070 Super AMP (undervolted) | X52 Pro

KA-50 - MI24-Hind - AH-64D - Persian Gulf - Syria

2 hours ago, Purifier said:

possible that you missed to electrify the rockets?

check the launcher arm button.

Does not affect this issue.

in real life they do not arm rockets, they select firing order. You press arm button and the lights go on you know the rocket pod will fire at rocket number 1. If you say fire 2 rockets from a pod, re arm, don’t press the rocket arm button, they will fire but start with rocket number 3 in the pod.

without pressing the button, it will just always start at 1 and sequentially go to 20. So pressing it is only to restart the rocket launching sequence 

• Thanks 1

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

Is there any combination of rockets and guns that will work?

it seems that all I can load is rockets OR guns.

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦

MoBo - ASUS 990FX R2 Sabertooth,     CPU - AMD FX 9590 @4.7Gb. No OC
RAM - GSkill RipJaws DDR3 32 Gb @2133 MHZ,   GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb DDR5 OC'd, Core 180MHz, Memory 800MHz
Game drive - Samsung 980 M.2 EVO 1Tb SSD,    OS Drive - 860 EVO 500Gb SATA SSD, Win10 Pro 22H2

Controls - Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X,   Monitor - LG 32" 1920 X 1080,   PSU - Prestige ATX-PR800W PSU

2 hours ago, rayrayblues said:

Is there any combination of rockets and guns that will work?

it seems that all I can load is rockets OR guns.

If you mean external gun pods, only the UGP pods, that our Mi-24P can’t carry 

per the manual, the only thing GUV pods work with is GUV pods and ATGM on dedicated pylon

Edited by AeriaGloria
  • Thanks 1

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

20 hours ago, AeriaGloria said:

If you mean external gun pods, only the UGP pods, that our Mi-24P can’t carry 

per the manual, the only thing GUV pods work with is GUV pods and ATGM on dedicated pylon

Yeah, I meant external pods. Thanks for the info.

Also works with grenade launchers, but they are practically useless. Inaccurate and very hard to aim.

I think they are primarily anti-personnel weapons. Drop a bunch of them in the middle of a group of troops and shower them with shrapnel.

• Thanks 1

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦

MoBo - ASUS 990FX R2 Sabertooth,     CPU - AMD FX 9590 @4.7Gb. No OC
RAM - GSkill RipJaws DDR3 32 Gb @2133 MHZ,   GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb DDR5 OC'd, Core 180MHz, Memory 800MHz
Game drive - Samsung 980 M.2 EVO 1Tb SSD,    OS Drive - 860 EVO 500Gb SATA SSD, Win10 Pro 22H2

Controls - Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X,   Monitor - LG 32" 1920 X 1080,   PSU - Prestige ATX-PR800W PSU

58 minutes ago, rayrayblues said:

Yeah, I meant external pods. Thanks for the info.

Also works with grenade launchers, but they are practically useless. Inaccurate and very hard to aim.

I think they are primarily anti-personnel weapons. Drop a bunch of them in the middle of a group of troops and shower them with shrapnel.

Exactly. I never personally use either, but if you have lots of light targets I see the appeal

I had the same exact problem the other day with Outboard gunpods on the inner most pylons then Rockets and Guided rockets on the outward most pylon and the unguided rockets wouldn’t fire! Very frustrating when your running in and expecting to launch all hell and fury, then it doesn’t work. Got me shot down! So good to know the config won’t work. Thanks for the info, I’ll stick to the prebuilt load outs fm now on!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ebphoto said:

I had the same exact problem the other day with Outboard gunpods on the inner most pylons then Rockets and Guided rockets on the outward most pylon and the unguided rockets wouldn’t fire! Very frustrating when your running in and expecting to launch all hell and fury, then it doesn’t work. Got me shot down! So good to know the config won’t work. Thanks for the info, I’ll stick to the prebuilt load outs fm now on!

Best way with any new load you try out is to take off, test it and then land. Rearm/change load as neccessary.

It sucks to spend 10 minutes flying to the AO just to discover your configuration doesn't work

• Like 1

It is like the situation for Viggen, in which there are limitations of matching different loadouts. I need to check with the manuals to see if there is any mention of such limitation.

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.