Possible Civilian 206 inclusion?

carss

Hi! Was just wondering if an unarmed civilian 206 variant can also be included since many folks like to do civilian Helicopter ops in DCS? Plus DCS is the best platform for Helicopters. Maybe you can include a Jetranger or Longranger or any 206 that may seem fitting?

Maybe the 206 can come with optional harpoints or attachments where you can sort of "Arm" it with stuff like a search light, rappel hook etc that civilian 206s would come with to customize your 206 for the job

?u=https%3A%2F%2Fimgproc.airliners.net%2

Edited by carss
  • Like 8

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

ED pls gib A-4 and F-4 :cry:

On 12/17/2021 at 3:40 AM, carss said:

Hi! Was just wondering if an unarmed civilian 206 variant can also be included since many folks like to do civilian Helicopter ops in DCS? Plus DCS is the best platform for Helicopters. Maybe you can include a Jetranger or Longranger or any 206 that may seem fitting?

IMHO, while the 206 is somewhat similar in a superficial way to the 58D, adding a realistic 206 to DCS is a separate module in it's self - different rotor head/flight dynamics, removal of all the military avionics, civilian steam gauges or Garmin Glass cockpit, etc., etc.

• It's not a simple task if it's to be done right and the amount of additional work req'ed can't be done for "free".

• The small team has already committed themselves to reworking/fixing their Gazelle (for "free") once the KW is released, so are unlikely to have the resources/manpower to immediately start work on a 3rd Module i.e. an older two bladed OH-58A/B

The closest you are likely to see, to a "civilian" variant, in DCS is an OH-58D with MMS removed, doors fitted and a "user" made skin.

... a number of new features have been added due to popular request. These features are currently in a testing phase and are expected to but not guaranteed to make it in to the release. They include the option to add and remove the doors, Mast Mounted Sight and the Rapid Deployment Gear essentially completing the package that is the OH-58D in its most common variants.

Edited by Ramsay
  • Like 6

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

• 2 weeks later...

I'm pretty sure Casmo and Barundus discussed this topic several months ago, and off the top of my head I think there's a ton of differences between the airframes.  

With a tiny developer such as this, I think it's probably asking a bit too much (at least right now).

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 5/19/2022 at 7:17 AM, grant977 said:

Bell 407 would be the better civil model. Similar rotor system.

True, and I'm not too familiar with my Bell 207/407 types, I was just wondering what the correct civilian counterpart of the OH-58 would be and if that could be included

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

ED pls gib A-4 and F-4 :cry:

I think firstly they must collect all forces to finish OH-58 module, which, as we know, extends indefinitely. 😉

• Like 3

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Yes, let them first to finish the KW. Then if they are willing they could a civil model out of it. The 407 would be the right choice then……but if I want to fly a 407 right now there are other civilian sims where already this model exists.

First, we need Apache‘s small buddy released……

• Like 5

DCS MT 2.9.4.53707
Modules: UH-1H - SA342 - KA-50 BS3 - MI-24P - MI-8MTV2 - AH-64D - CH-47F(Preorder) - UH-60L(Mod) - A-10CII - F-16C - F/A-18C - FC3 -Combined Arms
 - Supercarrier - NTTR - Normandy2.0 - Persian Gulf - Syria - SA - Sinai - Afghanistan(Preorder) — Waiting for: OH-58D - BO-105 - AH-1G/F(Mod) - OH-6(Mod) - Kola  - Australia - Iraq

DCS-Client: 10900K, 64GB 3600, RTX3090, 500GB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCS), VR VivePro2, PointCTRL, VaicomPro, Wacom Intuos S with VRK v2Beta

DCS-DServer: 11600KF, 32GB 3600, GTX1080, 1TB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCSDServer), DCS Olympus

Simpit: NLR Flightsim Pro, TM Warthog(40cm Ext., Dampers) + Throttle, Komodo Pedals with Dampers, VPC Rotorplus+CBkit+AH-64D Grip, NLR HF8, Buttkicker (3*MiniConcert), TotalControls AH64D MPD‘s, TM 2*MFD‘s, Streamdecks (1*32,3*15,1*6), VPC CP#1

• 6 months later...
8 hours ago, Avimimus said:

I'd support this... at least being able to remove both weapons and the MMS at the same time...

Already confirmed as an option.

8 hours ago, Avimimus said:

... and maybe the interior/cosmetic self-defense weapons/firearms?

AFAIK remodelling the cockpit is not planned as it would require a lot of work for something of limited use in DCS.

• Like 2

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

22 hours ago, Ramsay said:

AFAIK remodelling the cockpit is not planned as it would require a lot of work for something of limited use in DCS.

Yeah, I get that. The cockpits are very different.

I was just thinking it would be nice to have the ability to remove the weapons from inside the cockpit (as they wouldn't be allowed in a lot of jurisdictions and aren't very civilian). It'd add to the 'civilianized' experience of flying without weapons or mast mounted sight.

• Like 1