2022 DCS Newsletter Discussion - Week 1 & Week 2 (no newsletters)

NineLine

With the hints coming out - I'd change my answer to the Su-17 and the IA-58... aircraft I'm actually excited for. *edit* The IA-58 is probably from the free mod? Does the Razbam version even have a cockpit under development yet?

Edited by Avimimus

On 1/2/2022 at 12:43 PM, BIGNEWY said:

No, we already have a good list of projects in progress and we will continue with those for 2022. 

thanks

That is interesting insight. Surely it would be useful to re-post 2021 roadmap with comments for 2022. I thought that was being planned. 

• Like 1

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

• ED Team

We will have news in future newsletters to keep everyone informed. Currently the teams are on a break until the 10th. 

thanks

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Perfect - things I am looking forward to in 2022 are:

1. DCS: F/A-18C Hornet

Finalising this fantastic module is one of our top-priorities and our goal is to have the project out of Early Access by the end of the 1st quarter

2. DCS: Supercarrier

Other tasks for 2021 include plane directors to marshal aircraft to the catapults and off the landing area, the “burble”, deck crew light wands for night operations, unique radio channels for different controllers

Some of the new / improved visual effects in development for 2021 includes:

• Improved helicopter rotor wash over water and ground.
  • Ground unit dust clouds.
  • Trans-sonic shock cones.
  • Fuel explosions.
  • Further explosion improvements.
  • Smoke grenades

3. Vulkan API and Multi-threading

With the integration of these libraries, DCS will benefit from improved performance throughout

4. Damage modelling

in 2021 will focus on bringing the technology to our modern aircraft like F/A-18C Hornet

5. FLIR

New and Improved Forward Looking Infrared

6. AI Units

we intend to create or update in 2021:

Large Aircraft: B-52H, Tu-95MS, , B-1B, IL-38

Carrier Aircraft: S-3B and SH-60B

Ground Units: M1A2, Son-4 “Flap Wheel” radar,, Pantsir SA-22 “Greyhound”, and S-300/SA-10 “Grumble”.

7. Enhanced AI

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

The thing with SC, is that we don't know if there is a team of 15 people working on it on a daily basis, or one person working 2 hours a week (It's an exaggerated example, but you know what I mean🙃  ), both situations are compatible with all the things ED is telling us about the SC development, the only truth is that the development of this module is painfully slow, more than any other. 

Talking about the point of this thread, the things I expect the most in this year is the F-1 from aerges, the vulkan thing, new weather effects, and of course, bug fixing...

A Roadmap 2022 would be nice....... 

Personaly the last module i bought was the Ah64.... And this ist the last module untile Vulkan and Multicore support is comming.... Spent al lot of money in this game ... playing in vr.... so then the vulkkan / multicore / vr thing should be updatet.... then the show coninious... 🙂

greets....

Edited by grasnabe
  • Like 3

• ED Team

We are not planning a roadmap this year, we have tasks open already that need to be completed and we will share our progress during the year in our newsletters to keep you all up to date. Our next newsletter will be on the 14th of January 2022.

thanks

• Like 10
  • Thanks 6

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

With all due respect, the Newsletters haven't really been incredibly packed with useful information.  Sometimes they feel a bit half-baked, often times they include information that was previously disseminated through other means.  

I don't mean to sound hyper-critical, I only wish to give feedback and constructive criticism.  I enjoy all that you guy do - just hoping that if the newsletter is going to be the means for which you guys share information that it is improved somewhat.  It'd be nice if things were elaborated on a bit - wags use to be really good at this, but it seems like the mechanism for sharing information might have shifted a little away from Wags (probably to allow for him to focus on higher level things, I get it.)  

• Like 12
  • Thanks 6

VFA-113 | Stinger 307 | "Hank"

USN OEF OIF Veteran

i7-8700K OC'd 4800ghz | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC'd | 32gb RAM | 2.5TB SSD | Odyssey + | TM Warthog HOTAS |

• ED Team
11 minutes ago, ChuckJäger said:

With all due respect, the Newsletters haven't really been incredibly packed with useful information.  Sometimes they feel a bit half-baked, often times they include information that was previously disseminated through other means.  

I don't mean to sound hyper-critical, I only wish to give feedback and constructive criticism.  I enjoy all that you guy do - just hoping that if the newsletter is going to be the means for which you guys share information that it is improved somewhat.  It'd be nice if things were elaborated on a bit - wags use to be really good at this, but it seems like the mechanism for sharing information might have shifted a little away from Wags (probably to allow for him to focus on higher level things, I get it.)  

thanks for the feedback, its difficult to please everyone but appreciate you sharing your thoughts. 

• Like 3

No roadmap i can understand but at least a recap on "what is at what point" without no promises or without "it will be relased roughly at" is imho good enough, there are a lot of topic that we don't hear in newsletters from a long time

Edited by Hawkmoon
  • Like 7

2 minutes ago, Hawkmoon said:

No roadmap i can understand but at least a recap on "what is at what point" without no promises or without "it will be relased roughly at" is imho good enough, there are a lot of topic that we don't hear in newsletters from a long time

What "promise"? ED only has get plans...

Just a big recap and summary on what's being worked on and how progress is going would be nice. Doesn't need to be a roadmap or anything, by all means don't give release dates, but I always look forward to the first big newsletter of the year. Would be a shame if it's just a regular one

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• ED Team
11 minutes ago, Hawkmoon said:

We shared our plans in the roadmap last year, projects that are already in progress and close to completion will be added as news items for future newsletters. 

• Like 1

Shame for no roadmap but I don't blame you. Always ends up with pitchforks for the rest of the year. Newsletters are great - glad they are staying as they are. Looking forward to another great year for DCS. 

Edited by Hoirtel
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• ED Team

Our newsletters will return soon, and I am sure we will start sharing stuff you guys can all get excited about. Anyways this will be the format for the Newsletter discussion threads going forward this one will close and another will open the following week. Next week though, with the team still off, there will be no newsletter or thread. Thanks all.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

5 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

thanks for the feedback, its difficult to please everyone but appreciate you sharing your thoughts. 

Again, I know you guys work very hard and you won’t ever be able to please everyone.  I, for one, DO appreciate every one of you guys and the hard work you put in to this amazing Sim.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

VFA-113 | Stinger 307 | "Hank"

USN OEF OIF Veteran

i7-8700K OC'd 4800ghz | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC'd | 32gb RAM | 2.5TB SSD | Odyssey + | TM Warthog HOTAS |

It would be good to get more detailed information on the big ticket core items that have been in development for years. Again, not looking for release dates or estimates of any kind but sharing of any roadblocks which may be hindering development progress would go a long way (IMO) towards explaining the long development time with seemingly very little news on progress.

• Like 1

Thanks for all the efforts from ED team.

I think it's ok in the newsletter with just a periodical summary (without estimated schedule) of what's being worked on, what's planned in near future, what could be considered later, what's not in smooth but not given up, what have to be suspended or what's finally cancelled.

I understand that ED needs to perform in a reliable and professional image as a developer. While at least for me, even some bad or "not-so-exciting" news(like something is not going to be delivered on schedule but we are still working on it, or some idea used to be considered but suspended at least for now) is needed to confirm that ED would really tell us if something actually goes wrong and we could expect a steady progress when they don't.

• Like 3

Human allowed, demon allowed, Deka never allowed.

Distort allowed, provoke allowed, fight back never allowed.

Hi happy new year.

Could somebody please clarify?

"Our next newsletter will be on the 14th of January 2022" @BIGNEWY said. But there is also @NineLine "Next week though, with the team still off, there will be no newsletter or thread".

So will there be a newsletter next week?

"Anyways this will be the format for the Newsletter discussion threads going forward this one will close and another will open the following week"

And what is the point of this weeks' threat then?

Thanks!